University of Washington MSTP Prelim and Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanktank7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone makes this thread every year so I figured Id start it just to see whats going on with others out there:

So I submitted my UW MSTP prelim 8/7/09 and have heard anything. Not sure what this means. Have any others already gotten their secondary or a rejection? I did get a rejection from the MD only but I expected this since Im not a pacific northwest resident and UW is pretttty tight on out of staters from what I hear.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my pre-secondary 8/11 and got their secondary sometime late last week. My AMCAS was verified in early July, though - not sure if that plays a role in the order they screen applications.

I submitted their Preliminary MSTP Application late July, got verified 8/16, haven't heard anything yet... (except that I'm rejected from the MD-only pool, which was expected)

Members don't see this ad :)
My AMCAS was verified ~8/3. I was rejected MD-only shortly thereafter, submitted the pre-secondary on 8/15, and received the secondary late last week. Hope that helps!

hmm, well maybe u folks who have heard back but subimtted later have better stats then me cuz I was verified mid-july and had my prelim in 8/7. Also, I resubmitted my AMCAS after adding schools, maybe that pushed me back? Hopefully I get a secondary late this week (assuming they are reviewing weekly...):xf:

I submitted my MSTP secondary a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything...though maybe they're still waiting for my check in the mail, lol.

Can't anyone just submit a secondary online? Or do they have to invite you to fill it out?

Can't anyone just submit a secondary online? Or do they have to invite you to fill it out?

Anyone can submit a pre-secondary; they do secondaries by invitation.

Got an invite to submit the secondary yesterday, about a month after submiting the prelim.