University of Washington or Marquette?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scibish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all I am new to this! I got in at UW (in-state), Creighton, Marquette and NYU. I am interested in specializing, I dont know if that ranks one school in front of the other or not. I really liked milwaukee and the jesuit part of marquette...Thoughts/advice on this? School enviroments? Any help would be really helpful! Thanks!!! :):)

Members don't see this ad.

How much will you save by going to UW? It makes more sense to save all the money you can. D-school is pretty much d-school.

There is always going to be a few profs you won't like and you will have a scuff or two with. There are always going to be negative things, but one day you graduate with a DDS or DMD and thats what matters.

Whats wrong with UW? I have heard that its pretty sweet and have a few friends who applied there and wish they could get an interview.

i didnt apply to either but if i were you id go with UW since it is a great school, great location and great price for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
The price difference for tuition is about 83 k. Stats including cost of living & additional expenses are estimated around a 100k difference between UW and Marquette.

To me the money difference is worth it! Goto UW.

Marquette is a really cool school, maybe I am biased, but either school should be good.

If I offered you $100,000 to go to Creighton instead of Marquette would you do it?

How about if I offered you $700 tax free every month for the next 30 years?

If the answer is yes than you should be going to UW.

Also, if you're planning on specializing, remember any debt you accrue is going to compound and compound while you're in residency as well.

If anyone wants to trade me some cocky professors for 100k, I'm up for it. :laugh

A little off topic, may i ask you when you recieved your acceptance call from UW? Cograts on your acceptance.
I've only heard positive feedbacks from UW dental students.

Hello there :: they called me nov 28th and i got the letter Dec 1st..

If I offered you $100,000 to go to Creighton instead of Marquette would you do it?

How about if I offered you $700 tax free every month for the next 30 years?

If the answer is yes than you should be going to UW.

Also, if you're planning on specializing, remember any debt you accrue is going to compound and compound while you're in residency as well.

If anyone wants to trade me some cocky professors for 100k, I'm up for it. :laugh
you do have a way with words.. i won't lie! Asside from debt.. i am trying to assess overall how well i fit in the the programs... obviously i'd need a few extra belts if i went to marquette to make up for the $$ difference. ;)

Does anyone know about the environments between Marquette and University of Washington... or course load?

Does anyone know about the environments between Marquette and University of Washington... or course load?

I can speak for marquette here not UW. Marquette is very clinicaly oriented, First semester freshmen year you will be assisting several diferent clinics(peds and advanced) as well as regualar clinic. You will also get a chance to screen patients, and take x-rays. This summer we will be doing recall prophies. I believe the didactic course work is comparable to other schools.