University of Washington rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kren

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
after what seemed like months of waiting, i finally heard back from uw-- rejected! the letter went something like this: "...over 520 apps this year...strong applicant pool...blah blah blah." For some reason, I thought they would've had more applicants. Then it goes on to say "...the admissions committee established the following criteria for review of applications for the purpose of offers of interview: pre-requisite gpa, cumulative gpa, PCAT scores, particularly the Chemistry PCAT score, status of completion of pre-requisites and residency status. Other application materials, including the applicaiton essay, letters of recommendation, and information regarding pharmacy experience, other employment experiences, extracurricular activities, volunteer or community service work and college honors or awards are reviewed by the committee after offers of interview have been extended." my gpa was kinda low ~3.3 so that's prolly why i got rejected. but i thought my essay, letters and pharmacy experience would more than make up for it. what a crock!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm truly sorry to hear that. :( They didn't even offer you an interview? Was UofW the only pharmacy school you applied to? Plus, are you an out-of-state student, because your profile says you're form Hawaii? I think most schools want out-of-state students with like a 3.8 GPA and 90% PCAT score. Kind of ironic because why would a 3.8 and 90% student want to apply to a pharmacy school out of their own state, if they can obviously get into their own state's pharmacy school with stats like that? :confused:

well atleast that letter explained the reason for rejection, mine explained nothing except to say that I had been denied.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, that's true-- at least i got an explanation. i didn't even get interviewed, which is kinda explained in the letter since it essentially stated they only offered interviews to people with a certain gpa and pcat score. the other school i applied to was ucsf. i got into their program :clap: . i guess it's all just very reflective of how differently the schools review the applications.

so your 3.3 gpa and other stuff got u into UCSF and not into Univ. of Washington?!?! I am sure you and I now believe that it REALLY is THEIR (Wash.'s) LOSS!

:clap: Congrats! Now who really cares abt Uof W. Totally agree with eddie