University of Washington SoM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GH253

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just started my first term at UW and today attempted to treat myself to a self-guided tour of the medical school, but I ended up getting lost in a labrynth of laboratories and didn't get to see anything interesting. I figure I checked out the wrong wing of the building, so next week I will try again. My question is: where exactly should I go to see what the med students are doing? Also, would it be possible to sit in at a lecture? I want to get a feel for what the students there experience. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't you hate it when you make a thread and no one replies to it at all?
I know I do. So I'm here to acknowledge your thread's existence, give it a thumbs up and break the seal of silence.

Here it comes - enjoy...

:thumbup:

lol whut??? self guided tour? lost? want to see med students? This dude on a safari trip looking for the illustriously hard to find med students?

Croikee mate, I think I see one out there. *Runs at, tackles and starts tying up said med student*. Oi can't believe we found one. These med students are hard to find with their classes and labs and stuff. Ain't she a beut? *stares at struggling student*

Have you tried the med school library? Maybe the school lecture hall??? I don't know what you think we're doing everyday that's so interesting. The only interesting stuff we do is the hospital visits and you sure as hell can't go on those.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be matriculating at UWSOM this fall. The admissions staff is extremely helpful and could likely assist you in arranging the opportunity to sit in on a lecture (usually the Introduction to Clinical Medicine course). You can find their contact information on the website or go to room A-300 in the Health Services Center.

lol whut??? self guided tour? lost? want to see med students? This dude on a safari trip looking for the illustriously hard to find med students?

Croikee mate, I think I see one out there. *Runs at, tackles and starts tying up said med student*. Oi can't believe we found one. These med students are hard to find with their classes and labs and stuff. Ain't she a beut? *stares at struggling student*

Have you tried the med school library? Maybe the school lecture hall??? I don't know what you think we're doing everyday that's so interesting. The only interesting stuff we do is the hospital visits and you sure as hell can't go on those.

Lol, the labyrinth of laboratories is like a savanna in the outback.