University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meLtdown4meL

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

For any of you that interviewed at UW- do you have any suggestions/advice?? Does anybody know when the last dates of interviews are?

Thanks guys!

Melinda :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reading the feedback stuff on here is a good place to start. I think they said the last of the interviews were early april.

meLtdown4meL said:
Hey guys-

For any of you that interviewed at UW- do you have any suggestions/advice?? Does anybody know when the last dates of interviews are?

Thanks guys!

melinda,

they will hand you a little cup of water at the beginning of the interview. drink from the little cup of water to relax.

when you sit in your seat, make sure you don't sit just at the edge of the seat. It will make you look nervous and tense. Sit to the back of the seat. It will help you be a little more relaxed

there are ususally three to four interviewers. each interviewer has a goal in mind of getting to know you 1) whats yoru background history 2) what do you have to offer to UW and what do you hope to gain from UW 3) situational questions (ethical, management, health issues. etc). make sure you know your pharmcas and supplemental essay inside and out and make sure you look over the Washington website. Many schools will ask you why you want to come to their school. If it is location, make sure you can explain why.

The interviewers are very very friendly. They will make you feel like you are having a conversation with them, so make sure you remember their names (I think they will have name tags). To make the interview a two way street, I would be really attentive to the things they have to say and try to develop one ADDITIONAL question to ask them at the very end of the interview. It is more engaging and it shows that you really wanted to hear what they have to say.

do not stress about the essay portion of the interview. try not getting too caught up on how the essay sounds and just make sure you answer the question in the basic "intro, body, conclusion" format. The essay is mostly just there to make sure that you know english grammar and someone else did not write your application essays. Even so, I wouldn't be too caught up in grammar. Hopefully by now, everyone can get by with decent grammar. The essay is not meant to be an english 100 essay. Don't sweat it. Besides, you only have about 30 minutes total to do the essay (from whati remember). The 30 minutes includes only 5 minutes for you to brainstorm, so use your time wisely.

Make sure you break in your shoes before the interview. You don't want to limp around when they give you the tour of the school. Besides, you have other things to think about then worrying about how much the back of your heel hurts. If possible, bring emergency bandaids.\

you can find additional information on the PHARMACY INTERVIEW portion of SDN. There is a link to UW to get an idea of what type of questions they might ask you. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above poster, just relax. The interviewers will even try to help you relax, infact the first 5 minutes of my interview weren't even pharmacy related. Be sure to ask questions at the end, they arent just interviewing you, you're interviewing them as a potential school. As for the essay, I really thought mine was crap theme and idea wise but I wrote in coherent english and I guess that did the trick.

meLtdown4meL said:
Hey guys-

Thanks guys!

TOUGH CHICK! :D you're leaving me for Washington??? :eek: love ya anyway

patmcd said:
Definatly be prepared for situational questions. I'd say ~1/3 of my interview was this.

Thanks for all your awesome advice guys- it helped a lot!