University of Washington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith615

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UW yet? Any acceptances or rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet, but my interview was all but a "wink-wink" affair.

What do you mean by your interview? Do you mind asking when you interviewed? I did a rough search and I couldn't find anything about UW. Thanks for your reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's just say that I was offered a chance to look around the school a bit more while none of the other interviewees did. And several of the students told me I was all but accepted.

yeah i heard and so did somebody else on here...I agree the search function for UW is pretty worthless

I've also been waitin to hear from them. Nothing yet. I thought my interview went well though. Who knows. I interviewed Oct 30th.

i got accepted dec 1, i'm out of state but wiche if that makes any difference

i got accepted dec 1, i'm out of state but wiche if that makes any difference

How many WICHE students get spots I wonder? I'm from WA and didn't get accepted last year, after interviewing and not hearing a thing until March... Now I'm waiting for an interview invitation this year. I know they do rolling admissions, but I'm getting a little antsy here. I didn't apply any later than last time...

I interviewed there couple of wks ago...they said they have about 35% increase in their applicant pool compared to last year (so about 1700 applicants!)...so hang in there and u'll hear sooner or later!

no call here either. From what I remember last year, a few people will get in every week from here until march.

IHD: so where are you going? You're out of state right? You've pretty much got your pick of the crop.

Sum luck is the only Washington resident that I know has gotten accepted. That means roughly 45 spots unaccounted for for Washington residents:thumbup: :thumbup: keep the faith.

IHD: so where are you going? You're out of state right? You've pretty much got your pick of the crop.

Yeah, I'm out of state. Unless something comes completely out of left field, I think I'll be attending HSDM.

I got an acceptance letter in the mail a week after I interviewed. If it helps, my guess is that they may have just started sending things out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know which day ADCOM gets together?

I just submitted my supplemental application to UW on Nov 20, and no interview. Do you guys think that there is any chance for me? I am also a Wiche state. So, I guess how long did you guys hear a response after submitting the supplemental and also getting the supplemental from them is a good sign?

I just submitted my supplemental application to UW on Nov 20, and no interview. Do you guys think that there is any chance for me? I am also a Wiche state. So, I guess how long did you guys hear a response after submitting the supplemental and also getting the supplemental from them is a good sign?

Yeah, Same question! I submitted mine around the 25th, and I'm a WICHE too! I really really want to go there, but I don't know I have a chance! :confused:

so...not too many WA residents have been accepted?
it seems like most of the acceptances given out have been to outer-staters.

this is all a waiting game. ick.

i know a few WA resident people who have been accepted... alas I'm still waiting for a reply... how did you figure out that there were gonna be 1700 applicants this year? I thought there were roughly 900-1000 applicants last year. If it was a 35% increase that would only be about 1300 applicants this year...

practically 23 people competing for each seat... -_-

I'm a Washington state resident, turned in my secondary application during the first week of October, and have NOT heard a word from UW dental school.

No emails, no letters, nothing!

All I know is that they have cashed my $35 check two months ago.

I really do want to interview at UW. Better if I stay close to home. But I heard from friends that UW dental school is one of the toughest to get accepted to.

You are right...I was looking at UW website and last yr they had 1021 apps. But someone said to me at they interview that they have 1700 apps due to 35% increase....so I don't know where that is coming from...

Do u guys know if UW updates on AADSAS at all??

I submitted my supplementary in mid september and still have not heard anything back from UW yet. I even checked twice to make sure my file was complete with them, and it was. Still waiting, they said that they have more applicants this year and to just wait. :oops:

UW is definitely one of the hardest schools to get an interview invite and to be accepted to.
also, the school turns away a lot of 4.0/26AA students, so don't think you're hot sh!^ and will instantly be considered...they look for more than just numbers...but at the same time, you don't really know exactly what they are looking for, it's frustrating.
another thing...because the school knows it is the number one choice for most of its applicants, it takes its sweet time to tell you of your acceptance.
in a nutshell:
great school + very competitive applicant pool + small class size = VERY slim chance of acceptance.

um, good luck?

anyone have any recent updates from UW??

Bad football team = Bad dentists

what does the football team have to do with the dental students? I doubt UofP's dentists could beat UW dentists in a game of tackle football! Go Dawgs:smuggrin:

I'm a Washington state resident, turned in my secondary application during the first week of October, and have NOT heard a word from UW dental school.

No emails, no letters, nothing!

All I know is that they have cashed my $35 check two months ago.

I really do want to interview at UW. Better if I stay close to home. But I heard from friends that UW dental school is one of the toughest to get accepted to.

I was in the same exact situation, and I just got an interview invitation in the mail on Dec 9. They must be just going slow this year and taking their time. I applied last year and interviewed in October, then never heard anything until March. I'm hoping to get one of those acceptance calls a week after the interview!:)

We'll see... they're my #1 choice

I was in the same exact situation, and I just got an interview invitation in the mail on Dec 9. They must be just going slow this year and taking their time. I applied last year and interviewed in October, then never heard anything until March. I'm hoping to get one of those acceptance calls a week after the interview!:)

When did you apply with AADSAS and with UW's supplementary application? How far in advance did you have to schedule your interview? Good luck on your interview!

Still waiting to hear..something. I wish they'd either reject more or get moving with the interviewing/accepting.

It sucks trying to make plans with the accpetences I have, knowing that the big high and mighty school on the west side might mess everything up :p

When did you apply with AADSAS and with UW's supplementary application? How far in advance did you have to schedule your interview? Good luck on your interview!

I think I turned the supplemental in in late September, and a few of my letters of rec got there later, like the end of Oct... I just got the invite in the mail last week and still need to schedule it. I turned in the AADSAS app like in July. I'm also a re-applicant, and they keep everything from the year before!

So Kathy usually calls if you are accepted? If so, I hope I get one this thursday! It seems like they are taking it sooo slow....

why has Thursday suddenly become my favorite day of the week? :)

I just interviewed this week and was told if you hear back right away it is either going to be a yes or no. If you hear nothing within two weeks than assume you are in the "review later" pile. Also the admissions committee meets every other week but does anyone know what day of the week it is and if you get in do you get a call for sure?

they meet on thursdays

During my interview, the 2 adm com ppl told me that they like to interview a lot of ppl before making decision and not to be surprised if it takes a while to hear from them. They emphasized the small class size as the reason for taking the time to be choosey.

During my interview, the 2 adm com ppl told me that they like to interview a lot of ppl before making decision and not to be surprised if it takes a while to hear from them. They emphasized the small class size as the reason for taking the time to be choosey.

I'm glad they do this. It is very important with a smaller class size to find the right balance of students. From what I hear from current students, the adcoms do a good job of selecting unique individuals who are not only super intelligent as evident by average GPA/DAT, but also very well rounded and personable. It is quite the reward to be accepted at UW. Good luck to all those who have interviewed or are waiting on an interview...hope to see some of you in the fall;)

accepted... finally. 12/18 was the best day ever.

if it weren't for the stupid storm that knocked the power out, i might've found out on previous friday, lol...

accepted... finally. 12/18 was the best day ever.

if it weren't for the stupid storm that knocked the power out, i might've found out on previous friday, lol...

congrats on the acceptance to UW

are you attending UW too for sure?

hey mr. dds, do you know anyone else that has been accepted to UW? I know of one other...

I want an acceptance soooo bad from UW!!! It has almost been a mth since I interviewed there!

I just interviewed this week and was told if you hear back right away it is either going to be a yes or no. If you hear nothing within two weeks than assume you are in the "review later" pile. Also the admissions committee meets every other week but does anyone know what day of the week it is and if you get in do you get a call for sure?

The answer to your question, "do you get a call for sure", is yes you should get a call but it is not absolute. When I was accepted I never got a call, so when a letter from the UW showed up I was sure it was a rejection, but when I opened it to my surprise I got in, it was an emotional roller coaster for sure. Good luck.

i know of a total of 5 people who have gotten in so far... including myself. If I include SDNers and assume that they aren't the same people, I would estimate about 8 people that have gotten in... But realistically, I'd guess that they've already sent acceptance letters to maybe 20 or so people. So all you out there waiting still have a good chance to make it in!

Kathy just called me and I am in!!!

congrats! do you go to UW undergrad? and was UW ur first choice?

Yea, I am finishing undergrad at UW...and UW is my first choice. What about you?