University of Washington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kathy just called me and I am in!!!

:) :) :)
awesome, ssk2!! uw is a great school. when did you interview? mind telling us your stats?

:) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone actually been rejected after an interview yet?

this question is off topic but it is related to UW...I tried to search for the answer already but had no luck...please help if you can...thanks in advance...my question is does anyone know of a number I can reach UWsod besides Kathy's number? I need to call them but it never goes through!:(

Members don't see this ad :)
this question is off topic but it is related to UW...I tried to search for the answer already but had no luck...please help if you can...thanks in advance...my question is does anyone know of a number I can reach UWsod besides Kathy's number? I need to call them but it never goes through!:(
ditto that. I've probably called 5 times and gotten the "don't leave a message, check your AADSAS" message everytime. Well nothing shows on my AADSAS. Of course I left a message. For the love of God, how am I supposed to even know if my app is complete?!?!?! I paid my fee, I expect a little common courtesy with a returned phone call! I know I'm about 99% not in at UW by now, but it's the principle! Ok, done with rant.;)

ditto that. I've probably called 5 times and gotten the "don't leave a message, check your AADSAS" message everytime. Well nothing shows on my AADSAS. Of course I left a message. For the love of God, how am I supposed to even know if my app is complete?!?!?! I paid my fee, I expect a little common courtesy with a returned phone call! I know I'm about 99% not in at UW by now, but it's the principle! Ok, done with rant.;)

If you want to know if you app. is complete, send them an email. They can check it on their own time and get back to you as soon as they can. They were actually pretty quick with me when I sent one a while ago.

If you want to know if you app. is complete, send them an email. They can check it on their own time and get back to you as soon as they can. They were actually pretty quick with me when I sent one a while ago.
Thanks skeety, appreciate that. Who did you email, or just admissions office in general?

Has anyone heard anything lately. If they really meet everyother thursday that would have been last thursday. Any Acceptances?

I interviewed on the 18th and was accepted on the 18th.
Go Huskies!

I interviewed on the 18th and was accepted on the 18th.
Go Huskies!

congradulations on your acceptance!! do you mind telling me your stats and when you heard about your acceptance?

I just emailed Kathy today to give up my spot there, so there is another position open for someone...

where did you get accepted?

OHSU, now I don't have to move, may be able to buy the house I am living in, don't have to uproot the family, can pay instate tuition... I really loved UW too. Tough decision

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.68
Science GPA 3.80
DAT AA-18 TS-19 PAT-20 QR-16 Read-19 Bio-20 Chem-19 OChem-17

AADSAS submitted Aug 25
Applied to: Case, Colorado, Creighton, Iowa, Marquette, Minnesota, Pacific, Penn, Temple, UNLV, WA

Interview: Minn, WA, Case (will cancel Case)
Accepted: WA (the only one that matters!)

My stats aren't mind blowing, however 6.5 years in clinical research post college, 25 publications, 60 hrs shadowing including time in a residence for Developmentally Disabled individuals (yes, dentistry), married, 29 years old, and having a father as a dentist all probably helped as well.
And I am a Washington resident.

I really spent a lot of time on my essays. My interviewers really knew my file, so they knew a lot about me. My interview was hardly an interview, they talked as much as I did and they didn't ask many questions, it felt like they already knew that they were going to accept me and just needed to make sure I had some sort of personality.

To find out about my status I checked my AADSAS status and it read that I had already accepted the position in writing. I knew that wasn't correct, so I called. The commitee had accepted me the afternoon after my interview. I received the letter yesterday. One nice thing is it is only $100 to save your spot.

congrats to you!
you're an excellent applicant. :)

how many acceptances do you think UW has given out?

I just emailed Kathy today to give up my spot there, so there is another position open for someone...

THANK YOU!!!! YOU'RE MY HERO!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: EVERYONE WHO IS ACCEPTED TO UW SHOULD GIVE UP THEIR SPOTS!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

GPA 3.68
Science GPA 3.80
DAT AA-18 TS-19 PAT-20 QR-16 Read-19 Bio-20 Chem-19 OChem-17

AADSAS submitted Aug 25
Applied to: Case, Colorado, Creighton, Iowa, Marquette, Minnesota, Pacific, Penn, Temple, UNLV, WA

Interview: Minn, WA, Case (will cancel Case)
Accepted: WA (the only one that matters!)

My stats aren't mind blowing, however 6.5 years in clinical research post college, 25 publications, 60 hrs shadowing including time in a residence for Developmentally Disabled individuals (yes, dentistry), married, 29 years old, and having a father as a dentist all probably helped as well.
And I am a Washington resident.

I really spent a lot of time on my essays. My interviewers really knew my file, so they knew a lot about me. My interview was hardly an interview, they talked as much as I did and they didn't as many questions, it felt like they already knew that they were going to accept me and just needed to make sure I had some sort of personality.

congradulations on your acceptance! those are some nice stats! who did you interview with? what time was your interview and how long did it last?

congradulations on your acceptance! those are some nice stats! who did you interview with? what time was your interview and how long did it last?

I interviewed wth Dr. Brudvik and Dr. Bunce at 8:30am. The interview lasted about 35 min.

FYI when I interviewed UW had received 1300 applications and interviewed 120. They would not disclose the number of acceptances.

It seems that UW Dental is becoming more of a research oriented program. Out of you who have been accepted, do you all have research experience?

I personally have research experience and am curious if others do as well. I will be at UW in Aug. and am curious about my classmates. Research? If so, tell me about it!

I never heard that. But then again, their biochem research is huge.

I am starting a new thread about the research as opposed to the UW general thread.

*bump* just wanted to keep this thread active... any more recent accepted students out there?

what would you say is the total count of acceptees so far?

I see on Predents.com that only three people have been accepted. That is obvioulsy not correct. Has anyone been accepted or rejected lately?

I interviewed back in Oct and still am clueless on where i stand with them. I did ask them during my interview how much research opportunities are available for the students and if most are published by graduation. they said there's not a lot of research but opportunities are available if you want to seek them out. Most dont.

Do you think it makes a difference if you had one person or two people interview you? Last year I applied and only one person interviewed me; this year I applied and only one person interviewed me... It seems like most people have two people doing the interview, is this true? Am I being paranoid about nothing? (shakes head....)

Think I'm grasping at straws if I'm still hoping for UW without having been interviewed yet?

I've been watching my Grey's Anatomy DVD this week and why does every "student" character on the show have to be from UW? :mad:

Think I'm grasping at straws if I'm still hoping for UW without having been interviewed yet?

I've been watching my Grey's Anatomy DVD this week and why does every "student" character on the show have to be from UW? :mad:

I dont know for sure but I called the school recently and they said they were finishing up the last of the interviews and at this point had only filled half the class. the rest would be figured out in a month or so.

Well, I think the committee meets tomorrow (if the whole "everyother thursay is the day the committe meets" is true) so maybe people will start getting those calls again. Keep us posted if anyone hears anything.

What do you mean by running behind? As in today, or as in the overall process?

What do you mean by running behind? As in today, or as in the overall process?

they didn't really go into detail about it, but they just said that in general they are a little behind. i did talk to someone on the committee and they said that they are saving seats for students towards the end of the cycle just because there are a lot of good applicants towards the end, did you have your interview yet??

Yeah, my interview was in mid November. So I'm afraid its a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet. When was your interview?

Yeah, my interview was in mid November. So I'm afraid its a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet. When was your interview?

my interview was today. but it's not a bad thing that you didn't get in yet. usc offered me a spot last week even though i interviewed in november, so keep your fingers crossed.

they didn't really go into detail about it, but they just said that in general they are a little behind. i did talk to someone on the committee and they said that they are saving seats for students towards the end of the cycle just because there are a lot of good applicants towards the end, did you have your interview yet??

*Glimmer of hope*

So, has anyone actually been rejected by the UW? It seems like they are hanging on to the applications of everyone they interview and slowly accepting people until their class is full. Then they'll probably reject everyone else at once. Do you think this is true? :(

So, has anyone actually been rejected by the UW? It seems like they are hanging on to the applications of everyone they interview and slowly accepting people until their class is full. Then they'll probably reject everyone else at once. Do you think this is true? :(

That is how it sounded when I interviewed. You are either accepted or they keep you in the pool. That was my impression.

How many of you that have been accepted are white? Just wondering...

How many of you that have been accepted are white? Just wondering...

I think statistically about 60-70% are usually caucasians.
I think if you haven't heard back yet from UW, it's okay. I've heard alot of people getting accepted around april.
I do wonder if anyone has recieved letter of rejection, and if anyone got on the alternative status.
But either way, THINK POSITIVE! :D

I think statistically about 60-70% are usually caucasians.
I think if you haven't heard back yet from UW, it's okay. I've heard alot of people getting accepted around april.
I do wonder if anyone has recieved letter of rejection, and if anyone got on the alternative status.
But either way, THINK POSITIVE! :D

does UW create an alternate list? i've never heard of them doing so

the more i think about it, the more i want an acceptance!

has anyone been accepted recently that had their interview a couple of months ago?? i feel that they almost forgot about those who interviewed months back :(

also, how many females have been accepted??

I think the previous posts must be correct in that UW takes who they really want immediately after interviews, and then hangs on to everyone else until all interviews are completed. Then they go through those people to fill the remaining seats.

I too interviewed a couple of months ago and keep hoping to be accepted.

i agree that UW immediately accepts applicants that they are very pleased with, however, for those who were interviewed before Dec 1st (thus could not be officially accepted), I believe are at a slight disadvantage. just a thought. if i had know this, i would have scheduled an interview post-Dec 1st.

either way, congrats to all who have been accepted!!!