University of Washington?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's keep our heads up. You never know you might get a letter over the weekend!!:)

phone calls = good news
letters = bad news

....either way, it'll all be over by the end of this month. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

we have a few members in our class pulled off the waitlist during the summer (maybe july, I think) so don't give up hope!! as for where to live, i highly recommend off-campus housing and relatively close (bus schedules found at transit.metrokc.gov) parking is limited and expensive and traffic is not ideal, living along the Burke-Gilman Trail is not a bad idea so you can walk/bike. email me if you have questions [email protected]

omg...this thursday the 15th our uw fates will be determined! :scared:

ps. it is hard to believe that no one has been notified of an acceptance for the past couple of thursdays.
i suppose ppl just aren't posting that they got accepted :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
omg...this thursday the 15th our uw fates will be determined! :scared:

ps. it is hard to believe that no one has been notified of an acceptance for the past couple of thursdays.
i suppose ppl just aren't posting that they got accepted :idea:

FYI, I just got accepted last Thurs (3/9). There is still hope. :D

Geez. I can't belive how close things are to winding up. :scared:

I e-mailed Kathy today to know if everything was on schedule for this week. She wrote: " the committee is aiming for finishing by next week. We got a bit behind this time!"
so no one has to get freaked out when they don't get called this week. That will come next week.

Has anyone seen Toy Story and feel like we're those little green aliens in the space-themed pizza joint, just waiting for the claw to come and grab us? Who will get chosen this time??? Only the claw can decide...

That's probably the most perfect description of how I feel.
"The Claw is our Master"

Has anyone seen Toy Story and feel like we're those little green aliens in the space-themed pizza joint, just waiting for the claw to come and grab us? Who will get chosen this time??? Only the claw can decide...

exactly!!!

So I just went back through this thread and predents.com to see how many have been accepted and such. Here's the run down
40 total predents who had interviews

12-attending
20-waiting
2-accepted but deciding
5-declining acceptance
1-interviewed but going to another school

If you multiple these numbers by five to match up with 200 total applicants, it seems somewhat disheartening. yes, I'm an obsessive compulsive loser.

Members don't see this ad :)
As the song says "the party 's over, it's time to call it a day."
I have been measured, I have been weighed, and I have been found wanting

Well, looks like this will be my last post in the UW thread. Thank you all for your help, and I wish everyone the best, wherever you end up!

I got waitlisted. Its not what I hoped for, but its better than nothing. Does anyone have any idea of how many people UW usually waitlists? Do they rank it or evaluate when spots open? Thanks for any replies.

i know a lot of ppl who got waitlisted!...that couldn't possibly be a good thing. i'm sure they rank ppl.

either way :luck:

6 months of waiting for a big :thumbdown:. Not what I was hoping for. Go Cougars!

^^ Yeah, same here. I got my thumbs-down letter in the mail yesterday.

Oh well, looks like I'm going to the midwest for dental school!!

Back to Posting. I'm sure you all missed me:D Anyways, I got WLed also. I'm sorta happy since it wasn't a rejection letter. How many people on SDN got WL'ed? and how many are planning to go to other schools they've been accepted to besides UW?

Good luck to those on the waitlist...there's still 4-5 months for anything to happen. Don't stress too much, if you weren't accepted to another school just start preparing for the next cycle to get your app ready and out early...that way if UW decides to offer you a spot for this year it will be that much sweeter and somewhat unexpected...not a bad surprise :)

even though i got rejected, i can't help but look for this thread each time i log onto sdn.

but in all seriousness, good luck to everyone who will be attending uw!
now we only have to get through these four years! :D

Uw seems to be the one of the first for application deadline, but does that also mean that UW fills their class the earliest? I'm just wondering how many schools are still deciding

http://washington.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2232080677

here's a facebook group i made for UW SoD Class of 2007. It'll be public soon enough... those of you who got in can request to join the group. see you guys later =)

haha, nice...although I think we are the class of 2011. Not a big deal, it would be kind of sweet if we were the class of 2007...we'd be dentists pretty soon!:D I'll have to join later because facebook is "restricted" by my work computer...

LOL, my bad, i totally didn't catch that there... but the facebook group is correct... and now it's global and public so everyone can search for it :)

I always say 3rd time is a charm :D Good luck!!!

maaannnn i was all excited when i saw this thread...then i looked at the dates....lolz :laugh:

i hate to bring this old geezer back from the dead...but bump :idea:

I'll be there Fall 08! Pretty excited.

I'm pretty sure I'll be there this coming fall as well.
So excited!
Is anyone of you guys participating in SURF or Pre-mat(http://depts.washington.edu/omca/PREMAT/) program?
I'm debating whether I should do them or not. Any insights?