University of waterloo Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know if we have to apply for OSAP right now or closer to January?

Also curious about this!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhhh got my letter from waterloo today!! So exciting!!!

Does anyone know when the yellow diamond will change to the green check mark? Did I forget to do something maybe?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 5.47.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 5.47.27 PM.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 89
I believe in the Waterloo acceptance email, they tell us to ignore the yellow diamond lol

I'm writing this because I found this forum extremely helpful and wanted to give some insight for future applicants!

I was accepted off the wait-list on June 26!

Tips for future applicants:

Interview: I thought my interview went pretty well. It was pretty traditional in terms of the questions they asked (describe a time when...describe your pharmacy experiences...why do you want to be a pharmacist...etc). The thing with the interview, is that you have access (through the workshops at tatum center -- very useful) to a bunch of questions that are typically used in the interviews. The only thing is that they rotate and alternate which questions are used each year, so you can never really know what you're going to be asked. But I found that a lot of the questions that were shown in the workshops were representative of the real thing.

Presentation: Definitely talk about something your passionate about and something that you care about. it will come across more genuine and will make it easier to recite/memorize. I do recommend memorizing your presentation before hand, but doing so in a way that doesn't sound robotic or too rehearsed. 100% recommend going to the Tatum Centre for a mock interview, they give feedback on your presentation and will practice questions with you.

FSA: This is why I think I got waitlisted. The more difficult part for me was time management, as you only have 90 minutes to answer 3 sections. 1) Essay component 2) Read a scientific article and answer questions 3) Math.
- the essay wasn't too difficult, there were 2 academic topics to choose from. Again, time was my problem. I had only gave myself 10 minutes to write the essay.
- the math isn't difficult math, it's simple SCENARIO calculations. Mainly adding, multiplying numbers. c1v1=c2v2, etc. I would definitely touch up on this stuff if math isn't your strongest subject
- the scientific article was long! I think it was 4 pages double sided??? with graphs and tables. Some of the questions were vague, and they were NOT in order of the article (As some people may be used to, or may be expecting). Also, the graphs and tables were needed for some questions, so don't skip these!

Ps. For future wait-listers, I'll leave this here to give you a better idea on when students have gotten off in the past (Based on this forum). Students have gotten off on:

June 27 2013
august 30 2013
june 26 2014 x2
July 7, 2016
august 9 2016

** My cGPA was 77. Also, out of my 4 terms, only 3 were full course loads

This is all information that I wish I had known going in so I hope this helps somebody! Best of luck to anybody else on the wait-list and future applicants and I can't wait to meet everybody in January!

Last edited:
I'm writing this because I found this forum extremely helpful and wanted to give some insight for future applicants!

Interview: I thought my interview went pretty well. It was pretty traditional in terms of the questions they asked (describe a time when...describe your pharmacy experiences...why do you want to be a pharmacist...etc). The thing with the interview, is that you have access (through the workshops at tatum center -- very useful) to a bunch of questions that are typically used in the interviews. The only thing is that they rotate and alternate which questions are used each year, so you can never really know what you're going to be asked. But I found that a lot of the questions that were shown in the workshops were representative of the real thing.

Presentation: Definitely talk about something your passionate about and something that you care about. it will come across more genuine and will make it easier to recite/memorize. I do recommend memorizing your presentation before hand, but doing so in a way that doesn't sound robotic or too rehearsed. 100% recommend going to the Tatum Centre for a mock interview, they give feedback on your presentation and will practice questions with you.

FSA: This is why I think I got waitlisted. The more difficult part for me was time management, as you only have 90 minutes to answer 3 sections. 1) Essay component 2) Read a scientific article and answer questions 3) Math.
- the essay wasn't too difficult, there were 2 academic topics to choose from. Again, time was my problem. I had only gave myself 10 minutes to write the essay.
- the math isn't difficult math, it's simple SCENARIO calculations. Mainly adding, multiplying numbers. c1v1=c2v2, etc. I would definitely touch up on this stuff if math isn't your strongest subject
- the scientific article was long! I think it was 4 pages double sided??? with graphs and tables. Some of the questions were vague, and they were NOT in order of the article (As some people may be used to, or may be expecting). Also, the graphs and tables were needed for some questions, so don't skip these!

Ps. For future wait-listers, I'll leave this here to give you a better idea on when students have gotten off in the past (Based on this forum). Students have gotten off on:

June 27 2013
august 30 2013
june 26 2014 x2
July 7, 2016
august 9 2016

This is all information that I wish I had known going in so I hope this helps somebody! Best of luck to anybody else on the wait-list and future applicants and I can't wait to meet everybody in January!

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet everyone too :)

June 27 2013
august 30 2013
june 26 2014 x2
July 7, 2016
august 9 2016

Congrats!!! Can't wait to meet you all as well!!
Patiently waiting for this Facebook group haha.

for those of you with student loans, what do you do with them? They're accumulating interest right now and will be all the way until january, and it doesn't seem like the continuation of interest free status form is applicable here

The Facebook group has been set up! Ken Potvin sent an email with the link today.

Hi guys, so excited to meet everybody next year!
I just had a quick question regarding the upcoming months. Are there any events or important meetings that we will have to attend in the fall? I wanted to go on vacation for the month of October but don't want to miss out on anything important. Thanks!

There are no required meetings before the program starts. There will probably be an optional meet and greet, but I don't have info on when that will be.

Found a place near by! There is a student housing group on Facebook!

Last edited:
Has anyone applied to the special 2018 admission? If so, what are your stats?