University of Wisconsin-Madison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmGrl113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if interview invites sent out yet?

I'm so excited!!! And nervous!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I got one 12/18 at 10pm. A little after you posted - hopefully you got one too.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I also got an interview for UW-Madison. Does anyone know what questions are typically asked or how the setup of the interview is?

The interviews are usually conducted by 2 alumni, and it's casual conversation. They ask you a lot about yourself, why pharmacy, etc

They also have an essay portion that's usually something very easy (why do you want to be a pharmacist was last year's prompt). Make sure you dress professionally. I couldn't believe how many people came in what they considered to be "formal" attire.

I called the admission office today and was told that the confimation emails will be sent out today..

My interview is Saturday!

My interview is scheduled for Saturday, the 12th as well:)

My interview is at 10:30 am. When is yours?

Does anyone have any idea how many applied this year and how many got interviews? In the past people have speculated that Wisconsin interviewed all applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats for 2006 entering class from aacp.org

Number interviewed - 310
Number accepted - 142
Number enrolled - 129
male - 39%
non-male - 61%
estimated out of stater - 12%

Since they are only supposed to enroll 13 out of the 130 spots for out of staters the in state acceptance rate must be pretty high. No numbers are given for who applied from where but I would guess of the 310 maybe 100 or so applied from Minnesota, Illinois & Michigan.

That would leave 117 out of 210 as the acceptance rate for in state.

Plus as a dude I think I have a good shot :)

My interview is on saturday (tomorrow, yikes!) at 11:30... i've heard that the interviews are kinda informal as far as questions... any suggestions to get these butterflies out of my stomach? I'm coming all the way from Arizona... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO INTERVIEWS!!

My interview was very enjoyable. The pharmacists seemed very interested in making sure I was able to express myself well.

Hope everyone had a fun time if you were visiting madison this weekend, sorry about the snow :)

Good luck!

One essay, 2 interview questions and that was it! I don't know if it was worth traveling there for this out of state girl, but I had to give it a shot!

The interviews were easy!
I was nervous for no reason at all.
We have to wait a long time to hear if we got in or not though:(

Does anyone have any inside info on what day they will mail out the final decision letter? (other than the email that went out to everyone)

I got my letter today but it's at my parents' house so I didn't open it yet and I don't think I want them telling me the news over the phone. Just letting everyone know that the news has been sent out though.

Badgerton,

Do you live in Madison?

Well I got rejected from Madison....although im ok because I haven't appreciated the way they have treated me since the start. The university has always been stuck up and never made me feel as individual but rather a number. Spending the money and my time on the application and they can't hand sign it?!? They also stated they were "Unable to approve my admission," what ever happend to I'm sorry to inform you......

Congrats to everyone who did get in!!!! I don't want to take away from your party!

Have a great time, but now I'm putting my time and effort into Minnesota!

Rejected as well

Sorry to hear, but I remember seeing you got into minnesota!! Did you feel the same sense of lack of respect from the university when compared to Minnesota? Maybe it's just me :laugh:

Sorry to hear, but I remember seeing you got into minnesota!! Did you feel the same sense of lack of respect from the university when compared to Minnesota? Maybe it's just me :laugh:

No it's not just you. Minnesota was very welcoming and seemed really excited that you were there. The whole morning's worth of activities were tailored towards the applicants and I really appreciated that. With Madison, it was kind of just interview and get out. There were no tours or student panel like Minnesota. The only person I spoke to faculty wise was one of my interviewers and the person that I checked in with.

Hopefully you'll get into Minnesota as well:)

No it's not just you. Minnesota was very welcoming and seemed really excited that you were there. The whole morning's worth of activities were tailored towards the applicants and I really appreciated that. With Madison, it was kind of just interview and get out. There were no tours or student panel like Minnesota. The only person I spoke to faculty wise was one of my interviewers and the person that I checked in with.

Hopefully you'll get into Minnesota as well:)

That was one of my complaints about the interview process as well. Although I have to say, the admissions coordinator was very warm and any student I stopped that happened to be on the campus at the time was very nice. It just seemed poorly staffed/organized and I didn't get much of an impression from the school's individual efforts.

has anyone received an acceptance letter yet?

...i'm beginning to think rejection is coming my way judging by people's stats.

soccercoach--are you a wisco resident?

Another rejection here.

2.9 gpa & 84 pcat & no pharmacy experience but a killer smile :)

Hopefully i'll be a pharmd student next year after some improvements.

I remember vaguely at the discovery day that they said they would let students know what aspects of their application need improvements. Is that something you'd learn from meeting with the admissions counselor post rejection. Or am I misremembering?

Another rejection here.

2.9 gpa & 84 pcat & no pharmacy experience but a killer smile :)

Hopefully i'll be a pharmd student next year after some improvements.

I remember vaguely at the discovery day that they said they would let students know what aspects of their application need improvements. Is that something you'd learn from meeting with the admissions counselor post rejection. Or am I misremembering?

I think they like really high gpas AND high PCAT scores...I only have the latter.

no acceptances yet?? did they only send out rejections first?

I am away from home for a few days and unable to check my mail... Those of you that got letters: did they come by mail only or did you get an email too? How long between the two ( if you got both...)?

I got my letter yesterday. I did not receive an email re: my status. Anyway, it was a really thin letter so I assumed I was rejected, but I opened it up and it said Congratulations! I'm in. I am so surprised because I am from out of state!

Well I got rejected from Madison....although im ok because I haven't appreciated the way they have treated me since the start. The university has always been stuck up and never made me feel as individual but rather a number. Spending the money and my time on the application and they can't hand sign it?!? They also stated they were "Unable to approve my admission," what ever happend to I'm sorry to inform you......

Congrats to everyone who did get in!!!! I don't want to take away from your party!

Have a great time, but now I'm putting my time and effort into Minnesota!

I was accepted and they didn't even hand sign my letter!

they like to fool you with the single paper letter.
i was curious, so i asked a friend who is in his first year at madison pharmacy, so i knew to expect the ambiguous envelope!

3.3 gpa with a 98 pcat and I got rejected. Unfortunately I didn't have any pharmacy experience when I applied but now have 2 months and counting under my belt.

Ummm anyone going to uw madison?