General Admissions & OTCAS University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureKidOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the application, did we just have to apple to OTCAS? The supplementary application for the graduate school doesn't need to be completed till later, right? I'm starting to second guess myself with my application.

Members don't see this ad.

For the application, did we just have to apple to OTCAS? The supplementary application for the graduate school doesn't need to be completed till later, right? I'm starting to second guess myself with my application.
Nope! Only when you are accepted that is when you'll have to actually apply to the graduate school.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from them yet? I am just patiently waiting and I applied months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from them yet? I am just patiently waiting and I applied months ago.
I think it will be a couple more weeks for Milwaukee! I applied here a few months ago too

Reactions: 1 users
For the GRE, were we supposed to send an official score report to OTCAS? From the OTCAS instructions, it looked like the only way to send them scores was if the school had a specific OTCAS GRE code, which UWM didn't. So my application has the "unofficial" scores and I sent an official copy to UWM. Just making sure I didn't miss a step...not that there's anything to be done about it at this point, but still wondering.

I recently got an acceptance from Milwaukee and in the email they said that once you accept your spot in the program, you need to send in official GRE scores if you haven't already and they'll match them then, so I think you're fine whether you did or didn't!

I recently got an acceptance from Milwaukee and in the email they said that once you accept your spot in the program, you need to send in official GRE scores if you haven't already and they'll match them then, so I think you're fine whether you did or didn't!
Ok, thanks! Though if they've already sent out acceptances, now I'm worried that I got rejected. I wasn't expecting to hear back for another few weeks.

Ya never know! I won't be accepting it and they want a response from me by the 27ths, so you could hear on the 28th!

I'm likely to give up my spot as well. Hope that helps y'all out!

I got an email that they sent out all their acceptances and I had been placed on the waitlist and would hear back depending on if people accepted or declined their spots

Hey guys! I decided to withdraw my application, since I'll be going to another institution anyways. Hope that helps someone who really wants to go to this school!

Reactions: 1 users
I heard back yesterday that I was wait listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you accept if you were taken off the waitlist??

Depends. UIC is my first choice, so if I'm denied there and accepted off the wait list at Milwaukee, I'd definitely be accepting.

Has anyone heard back that they were rejected? I haven't heard anything so trying to stay positive that there may still be a chance of being waitlisted at least.

Has anyone heard back that they were rejected? I haven't heard anything so trying to stay positive that there may still be a chance of being waitlisted at least.

I haven't heard a peep from them since I sent in my application!

I haven't heard anything either! I'm curious what that means since someone above said they sent out all of their acceptances.

When I emailed she told me they sent out their first set of acceptances and would soon be telling people if they were waitlisted. Then depending on how many people accepted or declined would mean how many more acceptances they send

When I emailed she told me they sent out their first set of acceptances and would soon be telling people if they were waitlisted. Then depending on how many people accepted or declined would mean how many more acceptances they send

Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the info!

I just got an email that I was accepted and I will definitely be attending! I knew they sent out a round of acceptances earlier, but I didn't hear that I was on the waitlist, so it was a big surprise! I hope others hear back soon!

Hello All!

Has anyone heard anything this week?

I haven't heard anything since submitting my app!

I'm beginning to get nervous that my application got lost or something. Its comforting to know that some people haven't heard back either, but it's weird that most people have heard back and a few haven't.

I'm beginning to get nervous that my application got lost or something. Its comforting to know that some people haven't heard back either, but it's weird that most people have heard back and a few haven't.
I agree, it is really weird. I'd assume that if we were rejected that they would let us know right away rather than holding on to our applications and telling us at a later date... I think (hope) they are just sending out their rounds of acceptances and depending on how long they give them to respond (2/3 weeks?) they should be sending out another round soon?

I agree, it is really weird. I'd assume that if we were rejected that they would let us know right away rather than holding on to our applications and telling us at a later date... I think (hope) they are just sending out their rounds of acceptances and depending on how long they give them to respond (2/3 weeks?) they should be sending out another round soon?
I was thinking the same thing. I'm assuming if we were rejected they would have let us know by know. Hopefully we will hear something back soon but I think their spring break is this week so I doubt we will hear back until next week at the earliest.

So I emailed at the end of February and she told me that I was waitlisted and I should be getting an email soon but I haven't gotten an "official" email saying I was waitlisted and haven't heard anything else since then either! Kind of disappointing!!

So I emailed at the end of February and she told me that I was waitlisted and I should be getting an email soon but I haven't gotten an "official" email saying I was waitlisted and haven't heard anything else since then either! Kind of disappointing!!
How frustrating that you had to email to find out! But hey at least they let you know and you're still under consideration :) ! Did you just email and ask if they have made all their admissions decisions yet? I think I might email as well (even though they might not respond because of spring break..), I've heard back from every school apart from them.

How frustrating that you had to email to find out! But hey at least they let you know and you're still under consideration :) ! Did you just email and ask if they have made all their admissions decisions yet? I think I might email as well (even though they might not respond because of spring break..), I've heard back from every school apart from them.
Well I received an email when I turned in my application that it would be awhile before they got back to me (which was in November). So I responded to that email asking the status of my application. She just said they had sent out a round of admissions and that I would be getting the email saying I was waitlisted and depending on those that accepted and those that declined would determine if I was accepted.

Has anyone heard back lately? I'm hoping that they will let us know this week since it's almost April already!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back lately? I'm hoping that they will let us know this week since it's almost April already!
I still haven't heard anything :( I would hope it would be this week since they aren't on spring break anymore...

This is the only school I have not heard back from. Hopefully this will be the week! :)

I also haven't heard. I'm definitely going to email on Friday or Monday if I don't hear back by then, since their initial email did state that everything would be sent out by the end of March. But you would think, since some people have already heard, they would send it out to everyone.

I haven't heard anything either. I emailed and they emailed back saying they have sent 2 rounds of acceptances, so I'll be put on the waitlist and I should expect a formal email soon. We'll see!

Still have not heard anything since I emailed February 23rd. SO Sad!!! Last year I heard back I was on the waitlist on April 4th...trying to have patience ;)

I just got accepted! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :)

Reactions: 3 users
I have decided to attend another program so I will be declining my spot. To everyone on the waitlist or who haven't heard back yet, stay hopeful!

I have decided to attend another program so I will be declining my spot. To everyone on the waitlist or who haven't heard back yet, stay hopeful!

If you don't mind me asking, which date did you have to respond by before they offer to someone else?

I haven't heard anything either. I emailed and they emailed back saying they have sent 2 rounds of acceptances, so I'll be put on the waitlist and I should expect a formal email soon. We'll see!

What e-mail address did you send an e-mail to? I sent an e-mail a few days ago but I haven't heard anything yet so I was wondering if I sent it to the right one.

I just got an email saying that 30/32 spots have been filled. Just wanted to let those who are still waiting to hear back know where they are in the process!

I just got an email saying that 30/32 spots have been filled. Just wanted to let those who are still waiting to hear back know where they are in the process!
Hi!
Did they tell you when they were sending out the last two offers? You were accepted right?

I was accepted, and they didn't say when the last 2 spots would be filled. Sorry!

Still have not heard a thing from Milwaukee! I'm confused as to why there is a waitlist and then people who haven't heard a thing?

I heard back from them in the beginning of March that I was placed on the waitlist and that an official email would be sent out soon, but still nothing...

I heard back from them in the beginning of March that I was placed on the waitlist and that an official email would be sent out soon, but still nothing...
So disappointing :( is anyone going to email them? I don't want to nag but I'd also really like to know!