University of Wollongong 2012 applications open !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyndal

University of Wollongong MD Admissions
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all SDN members!

University of Wollongong runs an innovative, regional medical programme based in Wollongong and Nowra on the south coast of NSW. We take up to 12 international students into our programme each year.

Applications for the 2012 intake are now open! All applications for North American students are handled directly by Australearn who are our exclusive agents in US and Canada. While we have GPA and GAMSAT / MCAT requirements for entry, we are also strongly focussed on the extracurricular activities of candidates as well - particularly teamwork, leadership, service ethic and community activities - this is unique among Australian medical schools. All applicants (international and domestic) are interviewed as we believe it is important to select for personal qualities and not just intelligence.

Applications close in June, however applications received before March will be given priority in our early round interviews in April. We are happy to accept partial applications prior to you sitting MCAT or receiving final grades, but we would love to see your application NOW.

I will be travelling to North America to interview applicants in April 2011. If you are ready to apply or simply wish to know more, I will be meeting with students to discuss the programme and what we offer while I'm on the road. These are informal sessions where you can ask about anything you need answers to!! I will be stopping in Denver, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, St John's and Washington DC - come and say hi!

Students who wish to apply now should do so via the Australearn website at DegreesOverseas or contact AustraLearn’s Medical School Advisor, Casey Wopat, to receive a copy of the application at DegreesOverseas.

And any applicants can also contact me directly on [email protected]

Hope to hear from you!

Kind regards
Lyndal

Members don't see this ad.