University of Wyoming Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michaelhardy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing I've never seen a thread about UW's incoming class of 2014, I thought I would create one to see how many SDN'ers are going to brave the desolate Laramie tundra for the next four years to obtain that elusive PharmD. Decisions were made two weeks ago and I was on the waitlist for one week until I got pulled :D. So who all is going and where are y'all from? I actually grew up in Cheyenne, 45 minutes east of Laramie but currently reside in Utah. Anyone planning on renting a stable and riding a horse everyday to school?

GO POKES!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did apply to this school and got waitlisted but I never heard from them again. I am not sure how deep they go in waitlist. Hoping to hear from them soon. I love this school much.

I interviewed 3 schools.
waitlisted 2
waiting for the other.

They have all their seats filled and 75 people are on the waitlist, I don't believe that will move anytime soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm so glad you started this blog, I was starting to think our class was gonna be lame! jk! I'm super excited to start Pharm school in Laramie, I chose it over CU and I think it'll be awesome! (plus a great education!) Let's try to get as many more people to communicate via SDN as we can!

Haha...I started this thread a long time ago! hamoore88, I am glad to find someone else also going to Wyoming! We should start a facebook group or something...that might be a little bit more successful in finding more people.

I was on the WL but just received an email from the Dean saying I would be hearing positive news tomorrow. I am pretty sure I can safely assume that I have been accepted. Now the decision....Iowa or Wyoming?

I was on the WL but just received an email from the Dean saying I would be hearing positive news tomorrow. I am pretty sure I can safely assume that I have been accepted. Now the decision....Iowa or Wyoming?

There was a minnesota girl on the day I interviewed..was that you? It was the last Thursday I think. Wyoming all the way...it may be cold but it'll be worth it!

Why Wyoming?? Give me your reasons for selecting this school!

I interviewed on .... Monday, February 15th. So probably was not me....
Wyoming was gorgeous compared to MN in Feb! We Minnesotans can deal with the cold ;-)

Last edited:
So here are some of my reasons for choosing Wyoming:
-It's a small class size which means it will be more personal and hands on experience. I hate feeling like I'm just a number!
-All of the pharmacists that I work with say that it's a great school, and the pharmacists they've seen graduate from there are prepared well to practice pharmacy.
-The cost of living in Wyoming is affordable, even the out-of-state tuition is affordable!
-Laramie may not be the most cultural town, but it will surely be a great place to study as much as we're gonna have to! (ie. less distractions)

Maybe my reasons will help you decide, maybe not, but I hope you decide to go there!!

What is happening with Wyoming this year. No call yet:mad: I have been waiting to be pulled from waitinglist but....nothing.
Anyone out there who got pulled recently??.

Please give me some hope.

GL to everybody else waiting.

What is happening with Wyoming this year. No call yet:mad: I have been waiting to be pulled from waitinglist but....nothing.
Anyone out there who got pulled recently??.

Please give me some hope.

GL to everybody else waiting.

Don't feel too bad - the waitlist is really bad this year. Last year they had like around 22 and all got pulled, so this year they decided to interview twice as many and waitlist almost 80!

Are you out-of-state? Of the 20 seats reserved for out-of-state, they are divided by gender so odds of getting Wyoming are some of the worst in the country. I love Wyoming and was a resident once but am going to to another university unless I get pulled from the list!

Thanks guys for sharing infor about Wyoming. I was wondering why this school didn't have much activity despite been there for a long time.
I loved this school during interview, sooooo i keep waiting until they call me.
BTW, is it wise to call Maria and ask her about my waitlist Ranking. OR should I just wait and pray that GOD will work some behind the scene miracle???.

Again, anyone got pulled from waitlist??

Thanks guys for sharing infor about Wyoming. I was wondering why this school didn't have much activity despite been there for a long time.
I loved this school during interview, sooooo i keep waiting until they call me.
BTW, is it wise to call Maria and ask her about my waitlist Ranking. OR should I just wait and pray that GOD will work some behind the scene miracle???.

Again, anyone got pulled from waitlist??

UW doesn't have a ranked waitlist. If someone drops, they get together again and go through all the applications on the waitlist. I was pulled like the very first week after they made their first decisions. I also did have an advantage being considered an in-state candidate.

I'm also wait listed in Wyoming....

I sent in my transcripts today and see how things go from there....considering that I'm out of state, and they divide it by gender...I really have a low chance lol.

I gave up my spot at Wyoming...I will be going to Iowa instead.
So....someone will be getting an offer!!!!!!

Good luck guys!

(Oh, and I was originally on the WL too)

I just got my acceptance to Wyoming!!! I had already accepted an offer at the University of Illinois, but I think I am going to take this one. I really liked the school:) Anyone know if a facebook page has been started?

Last edited:
I am going to UWYO as well for the class of 2014. Is there any Asian people out there? I am excited but also a bit nervous. I have registered for the Fall 2010 classes already. Does anyone know anything about textbook and so forth?

How is everybody who has been accepted to UWYO class 2014?? I am so confused about the system. I did send in my check for the lab coat but hasn't withdrawn from my acc yet and still questioning about the CPR Class. Do I need to send in the check now? If so, who would be the pay to the order?? please add me to your facebook if you are going to the same class with me @ [email protected] {http://www.facebook.com/#!/hiumboo}
How about book??? hic hic.. is there anyone out there just as lost as me???

How is everybody who has been accepted to UWYO class 2014?? I am so confused about the system. I did send in my check for the lab coat but hasn't withdrawn from my acc yet and still questioning about the CPR Class. Do I need to send in the check now? If so, who would be the pay to the order?? please add me to your facebook if you are going to the same class with me @ [email protected] {http://www.facebook.com/#!/hiumboo}
How about book??? hic hic.. is there anyone out there just as lost as me???

Hey Jane, I'm sure you have nothing to be worried about. I don't think the 44 dollars for the coat will go through quite yet as they are running the checks through a separate organization. They will have it all ready I am sure for the white coat ceremony next month. As far as the CPR class goes, I am sure they are accepting payments when they actually do the class. Good Luck and see ya in a month!

Mike