University Toronto/Western DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jase133

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey people
anyone know what kind of scores you need on the DAT to be competitive at western and u of toronot?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

another queen's kid roaming these forums eh? I actually think I know you from other forums. I'm still in second year, but i'll be applying to meds and dents next year. are you 4th year life sci?

anyway, these are the mean DAT's for Western and U of T (for entering class), as figured in their literature:

U of T
Academic average ~20-21, Perceptual ~18

Western:
Average 99/150 based on all components
I think I remember seeing an 85/150 to get an interview.

When are you writing your DAT's? I"m doing mine in february, so after my bio exam on wednesday it's back to studying for me > :( . Good luck on your apps!!

i did mine this november

i didn't too as well as i needed too... a couple of points below the average 99/150

oh yah... i'm 4th year
there's bio in 2nd year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not actually lifesci (i was but then i switched into bio). I think your DATs are fine as long as your not too far below the average. I mean, there has to be some people below that score right? and i think it's only worth like 15% of your overall score. If your GPA and interviews are strong you should have no problem. One more thing, if you applied to these dent programs, did you apply to their meds programs as well? Wouldn't it be a disadvantege if they (people@uoft) found out you were applying to both programs?

actually DATs are only worth 10% at U of T, 15% at Western

Well, Western required greater than or equal to 85 last year, but this year they said that the APPLICANT POOL is going to determine the min. requirement.

My Question is, do u think this year's minimum will be higher/lower than last years?

i've heard of cases where if you applied to both, they found out at some point (ex. questions during interview, etc)

however, i suppose that if you don't feel you have a chance at meds at one of the places (ie. not enough MCAT), then applying to dentisrty wouldn't hurt :)

Hey All,

I'm a first year dental student at Western and it's great to see that there are even more people interested in the school - it's a great program, getting more applicants with each year.

The DAT average for our class (DDS 2005)was a 99/150, but I think that there was quite a variation between the scores. The highest was about 120/150, which means that there must have been some lowered scores. However, to be admitted, my classmates had to make it up in other areas (i.e. GPA, interview). Most of the class was clustered around the average, so if you don't deviate from that too much, I'm sure that you'll be fine.

Happy holidays everyone! :)