University Western Ontario GPA 4.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiteoaks123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I just wanted to confirm if an 80+ at the University of Western Ontario is a 4.0? I've heard multiple people confirm but when I called ADEA today, they told me an 80-85 is a 3.67, so that really confused me.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So when I enter my grades in June, should I enter in the letter grades or numeric grades? Does it even make a difference which I enter? I'm not sure what they prefer some say letter others say numeric.

You can only enter letter grades (i.e A+) into AADSAS!

You can only enter letter grades (i.e A+) into AADSAS!

Okay I understand! Sorry last question, let's say I get an 87 in one of my courses which at Western, is an "A." When they see that I entered "A" for that course into my application, will they then just consider that as a 4.00 according to the AADSAS scale, OR will they go back and look at that 87 and consider that as a 3.0? I've attached a file and it seems like my GPA would be converted differently if I enter a numeric or letter mark.

Thanks for the help :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 1.26.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 1.26.22 PM.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 72
Okay I understand! Sorry last question, let's say I get an 87 in one of my courses which at Western, is an "A." When they see that I entered "A" for that course into my application, will they then just consider that as a 4.00 according to the AADSAS scale, OR will they go back and look at that 87 and consider that as a 3.0? I've attached a file and it seems like my GPA would be converted differently if I enter a numeric or letter mark.

Thanks for the help :)
They will only convert the letter grade to a GPA scale grade (they don't use percentages at all). Hope this helps!

Hey there so I started my application and I'm confused about this coursework part. So for the part where I enter my grades, it says to enter exactly what my transcript says. However, if I enter the numeric grades, it converts to a lower ADEA letter mark. For example, if I get an 80, at my school (UWO), that's an A, and I'm guessing the ADEA mark would be an A. But if I enter 80, the ADEA mark turns to a B.

Not sure what to do here!

For me the "Grade" entered (ie numeric grade) has no effect on the "ADEA AADSAS Grade". You may be doing something wrong. You should be able to manually write down the "ADEA AADAAS" grade (cuz this section depends on your official transcript scale). Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Right got it thank you!!
Also, I'm assuming you're Canadian (if not just ignore this question), but under the "credits" section for each coursework, did you enter in 0.5 (half year) and 1.0 (full year) ?
For the full year courses, do I put them under both fall and winter semesters as a 0.5 credit?

Thank you for your help !

Ya I'm Canadian!
For 0.5 credits I wrote it as 3 (semester hours) and 1.0 credits =6 (semester hours)

And I never took a full year course before but I'm assuming you do write 0.5 for each semester (don't quote me on that though).

awesome thanks so much !!! this app is so long and complicated haha

We should keep a Canadian Applicants thread! Glad to know there are other fellow Canadians applying :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question about how to input full year courses too! If anyone knows, please help :)

Also, I heard that if it's a course + lab it's 4 credit hours instead of 3 credit hours (for a semester). Also, anyone here applying from UofT?

I called ADEA and they said to input courses you should do the following (McMaster Student here):

0.5 Full Course Equivalents (FCE) OR 3 Units = 3 semester hours
1.0 FCE OR 6 Units = 6 semester hours

If the course has a lab that is included in the course (not listed separately on the transcript), we should state that the course has a lab (ex. Introductory Biology with lab)

I called ADEA and they said to input courses you should do the following (McMaster Student here):

If the course has a lab that is included in the course (not listed separately on the transcript), we should state that the course has a lab (ex. Introductory Biology with lab)

I thought we were supposed to write down the course titles EXACTLY how they appeared on our official transcripts!

And ya I agree we should make a Canadian Thread for this cycle!

Thanks for this!

Hey guys. I'm a Canadian at Temple. I'm also on the premed101 dental forum as "brafadmd16." I can answer any questions you have about the application here. I recognize the6kid from premed101 lol.

Is this for all Canadian universities? I was just going to put either 3.0 or 6.0 but then that doesn't show if the courses contain a lab or not ....