UNLV and State budget cuts--concerns?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s2agrado

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody looked into how UNLV will be affected by future state budget cuts? I'm leaning UNLV as my choice amongst my accepted schools, but am concerned how budget cuts will affect the curriculum and clinic.

Anybody know anything? Current UNLV dental student input/advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing. I just sent my deposit and am an instate

during my interview, i asked this very question. they laid off 8 part-time faculty members about 2 years ago, but the full-time faculty have been unaffected. my interview said that they don't expect any more negative effects from the budget cuts, and to compensate somewhat, they've raised the tuition approximately $2,000.

my only concern is that the governor is so against funding for higher education that it feels like there is this tension between the education system and the state financial planning committee (or whoever)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. Yea, unfortunately, I didn't realize the budget issues prior to my interview, so I didn't ask anything about it.

My big concern was cutting of more faculty and some of the outreach programs. A large factor attracting me to UNLV is the opportunities for clinical experience and I would hate to go there and find out they have to cut clinic hours or patients due to funding or lack of faculty.

Thanks again, and if you happen to hear anything else, please let me know. I'll probably be making my final decision in the next few weeks.

Just fixed it...realized it was my failure to follow directions-haha-I put in my username instead of profile number

Last edited: