UNLV hurt by budget cuts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalservant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I got accepted into UNLV, and I found a couple of articles on how UNLV dental school is being hurt by budget cuts. They mentioned how there may be a cut in homeless care and how 8 faculty may be cut. The article was pretty vague and dated back in September, so just wondering if anyone gathered anything from their interview how they are going to deal with possible cuts, or if they already have, or if there won't be any? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well I do know when I was interviewing they said they needed to make sure to put in the forms that the fees will be increasing. I guess they haven't gone up in a while but times are a changing. Congratulations on getting in. I stayed the the Wynn and had a great time. If I had gotten in I might have lost all my tuition money by the second week:D

yep fees are going up, and yes we are being financially hit. the state is in a financial crisis just like a lot of states are so they are going through budget cuts. Less people paying taxes means less money being pumped into the school so that gets passed onto us. good luck