Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UNLV hurt by budget cuts?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dentalservant, Dec 2, 2008.

1. dentalservant

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hey all. I got accepted into UNLV, and I found a couple of articles on how UNLV dental school is being hurt by budget cuts. They mentioned how there may be a cut in homeless care and how 8 faculty may be cut. The article was pretty vague and dated back in September, so just wondering if anyone gathered anything from their interview how they are going to deal with possible cuts, or if they already have, or if there won't be any? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MrEcon

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Well I do know when I was interviewing they said they needed to make sure to put in the forms that the fees will be increasing. I guess they haven't gone up in a while but times are a changing. Congratulations on getting in. I stayed the the Wynn and had a great time. If I had gotten in I might have lost all my tuition money by the second week:D

4. T DAT

T DAT New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yep fees are going up, and yes we are being financially hit. the state is in a financial crisis just like a lot of states are so they are going through budget cuts. Less people paying taxes means less money being pumped into the school so that gets passed onto us. good luck