UNLV med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclakid

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard UNLV just founded a medical school...is it allo or osteo? Is this even true?

Members don't see this ad.

there was talk a couple of years ago about it ... i think they actually had a location. however, something fell through, and there isn't a med school anymore, at least as of the 2003-2004 application cycle. i wouldn't count on one anytime soon, either, as the number of applicants in nevada don't really require an additional med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
not there...

but on a sidenote....there are many physicians in vegas. you drive around the city and almost every building is medical in nature...

i'm so sure someone told me they were going to med school in Vegas...and I was seriously doubting that...

it's TUCOM's Las Vegas campus ;P

as fast as vegas is growing, i'd bet that within 5 years we hear about them opening a UNLV med school. but as of yet i don't think they have one.

their dental school is brand new this year.

The University of Nevada allopathic medical school is in RENO, while 3rd and 4th years can be taken in Vegas.