UNLV vs Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chipskylark101

Reaction score
So I originally picked Colorado but to be honest have not been 100% confident in my decision. I live in Arizona and decided not to go to any of the schools here because of the high cost. I just got admitted to UNLV and I would consider switching my decision since they are similar in price since I can apply for in-state after my first year at UNLV. I just want to get more insight so I can make an educated decision.

Colorado:

Pros:
- Great campus and location
- Scholarship (even with scholarship price would be similar to UNLV)
- Externships
- Class size of around 70
- nice clinic

Cons:
- Weather
- Very far from AZ

UNLV:

Pros:
- Weather
- close to AZ
- Class size of around 80
- Nice clinic
- Have more breaks during the year

Cons:
- No scholarship
- Heard mixed reviews about their program and competitiveness in their class

Both: They both start sim clinic first year and clinic second year. They both have really nice clinics and I had the chance to visit both. Both seem to have great clinical experiences. I just want to know more about their class environment, clinical experience, faculty interactions, etc. Which one would you guys say has a better program (I am not sure if I want to specialize). Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

So I originally picked Colorado but to be honest have not been 100% confident in my decision. I live in Arizona and decided not to go to any of the schools here because of the high cost. I just got admitted to UNLV and I would consider switching my decision since they are similar in price since I can apply for in-state after my first year at UNLV. I just want to get more insight so I can make an educated decision.

Colorado:

Pros:
- Scholarship (even with scholarship price would be similar to UNLV)
- Externships
- Class size of around 70
- nice clinic

Cons:
- Weather
- Very far from AZ

UNLV:

Pros:
- Weather
- close to AZ
- Class size of around 80
- Nice clinic
- Have more breaks during the year

Cons:
- No scholarship
- Heard mixed reviews about their program and competitiveness in their class

Both: They both start sim clinic first year and clinic second year. They both have really nice clinics and I had the chance to visit both. Both seem to have great clinical experiences. I just want to know more about their class environment, clinical experience, faculty interactions, etc. Which one would you guys say has a better program (I am not sure if I want to specialize). Thank you in advance!
good problem to have

my thoughts would be to go to school closer to home...

Reactions: 1 user