itsmekook

5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
First of all, good luck all who received an invitation letters from various schools.

I have recently invited to 4 schools, but these two really make me concern.

I'm from Las Vegas. Tuition out of calculation, which one is a better school?

What I know so far...
Maryland
- Library, MEDIASITE (records all the lectures with the powerpoint synced up), more laid back dress code
(thanks to this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ask-a-maryland-dental-student.773006/)
UNLV
- do not know much...

Any one?

Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Why are you concerned? If you don't know much, go to the UNLV form for the school specific discussions at the top of the pre-dent main page. Do a search for UNLV. You can't take tuition out of the discussion because it's a HUGE factor. There is no one "best" school or even a "better" school. Each school will have it's pros and cons for each individual. Now, looking at costs, UNLV isn't that much less in-state vs Maryland OOS, but if you can live at home and go to UNLV, you are looking at saving probably close to $100,000 over 4 years. If you are too far away to commute, that savings will be a little less.

Also, wait and see if you get accepted...but do your research BEFORE your interviews...or you won't have a choice to make :).

Reactions: itsmekook
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Also consider that U of M is in Baltimore.....not the best city in country to live in. And please don't make your decision based (even in part) on dress code!