UNLV vs University of Maryland Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsmekook

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, good luck all who received an invitation letters from various schools.

I have recently invited to 4 schools, but these two really make me concern.

I'm from Las Vegas. Tuition out of calculation, which one is a better school?

What I know so far...
Maryland
- Library, MEDIASITE (records all the lectures with the powerpoint synced up), more laid back dress code
(thanks to this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ask-a-maryland-dental-student.773006/)
UNLV
- do not know much...

Any one?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you concerned? If you don't know much, go to the UNLV form for the school specific discussions at the top of the pre-dent main page. Do a search for UNLV. You can't take tuition out of the discussion because it's a HUGE factor. There is no one "best" school or even a "better" school. Each school will have it's pros and cons for each individual. Now, looking at costs, UNLV isn't that much less in-state vs Maryland OOS, but if you can live at home and go to UNLV, you are looking at saving probably close to $100,000 over 4 years. If you are too far away to commute, that savings will be a little less.

Also, wait and see if you get accepted...but do your research BEFORE your interviews...or you won't have a choice to make :).

Reactions: 1 user
Also consider that U of M is in Baltimore.....not the best city in country to live in. And please don't make your decision based (even in part) on dress code!