Unlv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steiner19er

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I grabbed this off of UNLV's website.

Number of applicants 1,294
First Year Enrollees 75
Average Science GPA (for enrollees) 3.21
Average Cumulative GPA (for enrollees) 3.34
Academic Average (for enrollees) 17.93
Perceptual Ability Test (for enrollees) 18.49
Average Age 27

I am actually impressed. Their first class has a fairly high overall GPA, I thought it would be in the 2.something range. Nova's first class was quite a bit lower, I am sure Andy will post it.

Members don't see this ad.

For Nova's admissions statistics, please visit the following site:

http://groups.msn.com/NSUCDMClassof2006/novapredentcorner.msnw

UNLV's first class statistics are indeed very impressive, again, it goes with the theory that admissions statistics of incoming classes are on the rise.

I'd be surprised if Arizona's inaugral class statistics will be as low as Nova's inaugural class next year! In my opinion, I think it will also have a set of impressive incoming class numbers.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is one of the few times where I'll disagree with Andy.

Arizona is, I believe, seeking and in some respects catering to a group of applicants who will have lower statistics. The who, where, and why are probably better left untouched (none of us have time for a large race debate). I believe the first year class will have stats similar to Nova's first year. I'm guessing a 3.10-3.15 overall GPA with a 2.95-3.05 overall science and mostly 17-18 DAT scores. Those numbers may be slightly higher than Nova's, but the general applicant pool has increased their numbers in the 5 years since Nova's first class.

I know that Yah-E is from Arizona, so perhaps he has better info on this than I do. I've spoken with Dean Dillenberg on a couple of occasions and we generally touched upon the applicants that the school is seeking. Of course, applicants and matriculants are two different ballgames. We'll see...

was wondering where this new dental school is and when it opens. thx

GAVIN

Maybe we should have a pool to determine what AZ's entering stats will be. Say $5 a person. The person who guesses the closest GPA and DAT will win the kitty.

hotinwoof,

The new school is in Mesa, AZ and opens in the Fall of 2003.

Steiner,

Sounds like a plan, however I'm not a gambling man so I'll just be an innocent spectator. Besides, I think gambling over the Internet without a license is a felony of some sort. Dental schools probably don't like felonies ;) .

lets bet in teeth. I will bet you 2 molars and 1 insisor that AZ gpa will be a 3.24 / 3.19 science with DAT score of 18.78/18 and MCAT score of 0.

If I get at least one of the numbers right I will win.

DesiDentist