UNM College of Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CHOPKINSCaFe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an e-mail from UNM saying they received all my materials necessary for application and that they would contact me via mail by April, should they want to interview me. According to other threads I've read on UNM most applicants who turned in their applications early received a phone call or e-mail inviting them for an interview by February. Has anyone received any feedback from UNM? Let’s keep each other posted ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent my application in recently in december. I received the same thing

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully we'll hear from them soon - I’m getting a little discouraged - I'm usually a pretty patient person, but this waiting game is starting to get to me :unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I recently stumbled upon this forum and thought I would post. I applied to UNM school of pharmacy and interviewed with them on January 25th. I received my acceptance letter on 02/04/14 and have accepted the offer. I thought this may help some of you waiting to know they are pretty quick and efficient with their process!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Pharm2022 :) I'm interviewing on Saturday! I'm so excited!

Hi everyone, I recently stumbled upon this forum and thought I would post. I applied to UNM school of pharmacy and interviewed with them on January 25th. I received my acceptance letter on 02/04/14 and have accepted the offer. I thought this may help some of you waiting to know they are pretty quick and efficient with their process!
hey Pharm 2022 can you give us some pointers on what they ask in the interview to kind of get us ready for it. and also are you from instate or out of state?

Yeah definitely! I am instate. And the interview was actually a great experience. You will start the whole orientation with a brunch where you will get to socialize with faculty, students, and interviewers. I would take time to try to talk with them then because it makes it much less intimidating in the interview. During the actual interview they asked me all kinds of things. A lot about why I wanted to choose pharmacy, my favorite and least favorite classes that I have taken in college, strengths and weaknesses, etc. They also focused a lot on just getting to know me personally and about how I could contribute positively to their program. Make sure you research the school and have some knowledge as to which research or programs within the school that you think you would be interested in. They also asked me what I would do if I did not get into pharmacy school. Hope that helps! If you have any more questions let me know!

Yeah definitely! I am instate. And the interview was actually a great experience. You will start the whole orientation with a brunch where you will get to socialize with faculty, students, and interviewers. I would take time to try to talk with them then because it makes it much less intimidating in the interview. During the actual interview they asked me all kinds of things. A lot about why I wanted to choose pharmacy, my favorite and least favorite classes that I have taken in college, strengths and weaknesses, etc. They also focused a lot on just getting to know me personally and about how I could contribute positively to their program. Make sure you research the school and have some knowledge as to which research or programs within the school that you think you would be interested in. They also asked me what I would do if I did not get into pharmacy school. Hope that helps! If you have any more questions let me know!

Hey Pharm2022,

Do they send an email or letter of acceptance?

Hey Pharm2022,

Do they send an email or letter of acceptance?

Both. They sent me initially an email to let me know and then they follow up with an actual letter in the mail about a week later with a whole packet and all of the official information.

No :( I haven't heard anything back yet; but I looked back the past couple years for forums like these and it looks like they send out acceptance letters anywhere from 2-3 days even up to 2-3 months after ones interview. I think the biggest reason I haven't heard back yet is because I still have one pre-req course that I am taking now, therefore I do not believe that I will hear anything back until the end of the semester. The interview experience was wonderful the people are great! Even most of the people I interviewed with are exceptional; I don’t know how they narrow it down with such wonderful candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello just to in case you wanted company on the whole worrying situation. I am interviewing for UNM this Saturday and I am silently freaking out. I interviewed for a different school in December and they did not take me. So I am feeling a little discouraged. However, looking this up has calmed me down a bit!

Hello just to in case you wanted company on the whole worrying situation. I am interviewing for UNM this Saturday and I am silently freaking out. I interviewed for a different school in December and they did not take me. So I am feeling a little discouraged. However, looking this up has calmed me down a bit!

Don't worry you'll feel at ease pretty quickly. Going through the interview process, seeing the school, and meeting some of the students, professors, and administrative faculty just made me want to get accepted even more! I can really see myself here :)Keep us posted PETE90 - Best of luck!!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to join this forum and anticipate our acceptance letters with others!
Had my interview on Saturday, and I'm already anxious about a response. Anyone heard anything else?

Hello everyone! Just wanted to join this forum and anticipate our acceptance letters with others!
Had my interview on Saturday, and I'm already anxious about a response. Anyone heard anything else?
Hello, I was there on Saturday too!

Hello, I was there on Saturday too!
I remember you! I pray we get in! It's only been a few days and I feel like I can't wait anymore. But in all seriousness, I hope they send responses out quickly.
How did yours go?
Oh, I was in the pink shirt and black suit by the way.

I know! I have been checking my email almost obsessively. I think my interview was good, but in all reality I haven't the foggiest clue. I hope your interview went well. I really liked our interview group, after brunch it was sooooo relaxed.

I got the e-mail this morning! See everyone at UNM in August!

I got the e-mail this morning! See everyone at UNM in August!

Congratulations!! Unfortunately, I won't be joining you - they rejected me - I'll probably apply again next year so maybe I'll see you then. Quick question - Did a staff member interview you? I thought it was odd that a student and resident interviewed me but not faculty.

Congratulations!! Unfortunately, I won't be joining you - they rejected me - I'll probably apply again next year so maybe I'll see you then. Quick question - Did a staff member interview you? I thought it was odd that a student and resident interviewed me but not faculty.
I had a professor and a P1 interview me. I think what you had was just luck of the draw with interviewers. They only have so many faculty to spread around so they used a lot of volunteers. I wish you luck on your next applications rounds for which ever schools you choose!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone made a Facebook page for our class?

See you all at school very soon. Anyone living in the graduate student apartments?