unm secondary questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jadeyes, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jadeyes

jadeyes Junior Member

Does anyone out there have a list of unm's secondary questions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jadeyes

jadeyes Junior Member

Hola! I actually didn't expect a reply, to tell you the truth. But thanks!!!!!!

4. San_Juan_Sun

San_Juan_Sun Professor of Life

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent it back, basically wanted to know about anything special you did at work/research. Wanted to know what YOU thought the admissions committe thought should know about you. Wanted to know about your future plans.

Just basic stuff like that. It only took like a half hour to fill out the whole secondary. Good luck!

5. jadeyes

jadeyes Junior Member

Hey, thanks a lot. Half an hour, eh? That's real encouraging. ....:clap:

6. drumming207

drumming207 Sucka Foo

7. drumming207

drumming207 Sucka Foo

Hey!! I go to UNM right now and I am graduating in December! I have talked to people that just interviewed--about 10 of them. They said they got the typical: Good Cop, Bad Cop. I am also applying to Colo (among other schools)... I think that's where you said you were applying. Well, it is good to see other New Mexicans!!:D

8. San_Juan_Sun

San_Juan_Sun Professor of Life

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm not from Albuquerque, and I don't go to UNM, but I'll be down there next week to interview. I know a few students at UNM SOM, and they tell me funny things about the interview. Some interviewers are jerks, some are really cool, and some clearly would rather be doing something other than interviewing applicants.

I had a friend interview there 2 years ago, and he was a cocky kind of guy. His interviews didn't go well, and he didn't get in. Now he bags on UNM a bit (because he didn't get in IMO :) ). he had really good grades, and a good MCAT, but proved that you don't go toe-to-toe with interviewers and win at UNM.

9. jadeyes

jadeyes Junior Member

Hey guys! Thanks for the link drumming. I graduated from UNM 4 years ago and been doing a little bit of clinical and research work since then. I applied to the SOM 2 years ago, got waitlisted. My interviews went okay, I guess, but obviously didn?t knock the pants off ?em. I?ve heard lots of horror stories too, but my interviewers were pretty down-to-earth. One of them threw me a few ethical scenarios, and tried to pick my brain. For instance, what do you do if a young teenage girl comes to you for an abortion, or what do you think about putting condom dispensers in high schools, etc. I?m applying again and hope my interviews this time are stellar. Good luck everyone!!!!!

10. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Doubtful since it is from 2002!!!
    Keep with the other 2 UNM threads on the main page for new info.