Unmatched US Medical School grads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow this is terrible, how is it possible that there are US grads who don't match and are saddled with so much debt??

Meh, it's probably his fault he didn't match, you're not getting both sides of the story here.

Yeah, well in AMERICA we should take care of AMERCIANS first before we let any foreign doctors come work here. Rawr, our taxes.

But FMGs had to fight so hard, they EARNED their spot.

You're naive.

You're a terrible doctor.

THE REAL ENEMY IS NPs.

There, I saved us all about 5 pages of angst ;)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
For all we know he may have been applying to a super competetive specialty every time....

For all we know he may have been applying to a super competetive specialty every time....

This. I had the same thought. Not every American grad who wants to be an ophthalmologist gets into an Ophtho residency, for example.

I find it very hard to believe that a medical student in good standing from Georgetown would not be able to make it into an internal medicine, family medicine, or peds residency.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow this is terrible, how is it possible that there are US grads who don't match and are saddled with so much debt??

Meh, it's probably his fault he didn't match, you're not getting both sides of the story here.

Yeah, well in AMERICA we should take care of AMERCIANS first before we let any foreign doctors come work here. Rawr, our taxes.

But FMGs had to fight so hard, they EARNED their spot.

You're naive.

You're a terrible doctor.

THE REAL ENEMY IS NPs.

There, I saved us all about 5 pages of angst ;)
lol i like the rawr in particular

This. I had the same thought. Not every American grad who wants to be an ophthalmologist gets into an Ophtho residency, for example.

I find it very hard to believe that a medical student in good standing from Georgetown would not be able to make it into an internal medicine, family medicine, or peds residency.
As mentioned earlier, he either was aiming too high or too focused, or his interview skills were, at a minimum, lacking. Might have had a bad Dean's Letter as well.

As mentioned earlier, he either was aiming too high or too focused, or his interview skills were, at a minimum, lacking. Might have had a bad Dean's Letter as well.

That type of article really also doesn't help as we don't know what happened.