UNMC Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RokChalkJayhawk

Muck Fizzou
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Surprised that no one has started one of these yet. I know there are people from UNMC on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted off the waitlist, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take it or not. I'll update here when I decide!

I guess not anymore. This is exciting. What are your plans for the summer before school starts?

OK, I'm about 90% on UNMC now. I'll know 100% by Thursday. This summer I'm working until July, getting married mid-July, going on our honeymoon, and then moving to Omaha around the end of July. How about you?

Wow- only 90%? Did you just get accepted off a waitlist somewhere? And congrats on getting married.

I am heading east from California to Kansas next month, and then plan to move up to Omaha in August. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to live next year so I've got to start working on that. I'm thinking about Phi Chi, the fraternity house.

Actually, I was accepted elsewhere previously, and recently was accepted from the waitlist at UNMC. I think I'm going to withdraw my other acceptance tomorrow and take the UNMC acceptance. My fiance and I are going to look at some places in the old market in a couple of weeks. I'm excited to move to Omaha!

Are both of you from NE?

I'll be moving back to Omaha from DC in july after I finish up this postbaccalaurate research program at NIH.

I'm from Lincoln. Just graduated from UNL a few weeks ago.

I'm from Kansas/California. Tons of family (still there) and history in Omaha though.

Nobody in this years class must have a computer. Most of the class must be from the panhandle.

I'm moving to Omaha this weekend...are either of you there yet? We should go get some beers or something sometime before classes start. Also, is anyone going to the golf outing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not been able to golf all summer, too busy with the dissertation. I should go on the golf outing, but most likely won't.

I am going to the "Golf Extravaganza." I actually went to the driving range yesterday to remind myself how badly I suck.

I am not moving in to my place in Omaha until the week of August the 11th.

I will be going to the golf outing as well, but I DO NOT golf. I used to be able to at least drive the ball, but that was a looooong time ago. Do you happen to know the date/time/location of that? I can't seem to find where I wrote that down at.

I'm betting we will find out during orientation week. They better not cash my check if I can't make it.

What are the best phone providers in Omaha? I hear that Alltel is the best in the state and city in general. Does anyone use them? If so do you have data on your phone? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hello, and congratulations to all who had received an acceptance to UNMC. My name Is Jose and I will be leaving for medical school in Nevada. I have a condo for rent near school, parking is included in the rent. It is within walking distance of the old market. Great for those who wish to be close to it all. PM me and I will give you the specifics.

Jose- What is the best cell phone company in Omaha?

So, out of a class of 120 or so students, there are now only 5 people here...

Just wanted to say hello! Thanks for starting the thread!

Jose- What is the best cell phone company in Omaha?

Although I have only lived in Omaha for about a week, I have lived in Lincoln my whole life, and have used Alltel. The service is pretty reliable (I rarely have dropped calls, but my girlfriend has them all the time...may be her phone). The customer service is HORRIBLE!!! It is almost impossible to get a person on the phone, as it usually involves 30 min-hour of waiting, and you usually have to dedicate an entire afternoon to going into a store and talking to someone, for the same reason. Unfortunately, Alltel is the only company I have used, so I can't give any input into the others. Maybe someone else is happy with their phone company and will give you another suggestion. Hope this helps!

Although I have only lived in Omaha for about a week, I have lived in Lincoln my whole life, and have used Alltel. The service is pretty reliable (I rarely have dropped calls, but my girlfriend has them all the time...may be her phone). The customer service is HORRIBLE!!! It is almost impossible to get a person on the phone, as it usually involves 30 min-hour of waiting, and you usually have to dedicate an entire afternoon to going into a store and talking to someone, for the same reason. Unfortunately, Alltel is the only company I have used, so I can't give any input into the others. Maybe someone else is happy with their phone company and will give you another suggestion. Hope this helps!

Hah... I think that's pretty standard. I was interested in the "My Circle" feature. I don't think I call more than 10 people really.

You all should have got an e-mail today that the golf event is on Wednesday of orientation week. (August 22)

i'll be at unmc too, as far as phones goes, i agree with above...alltel customer service is terrible. i have alltel now and drop calls all the time. i am dropping them next week when my contract ends and switching to sprint. alltel also has terrible roaming charges and if you stray too far from omaha or lincoln, you are roaming even if alltel has service in the area (i was in Iowa standing outside an alltel store on analog roam).