UNMC SURP in Internal Medicine... Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odgey27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone on here is going to be at UNMC for the Internal Medicine SURP. I just got the offer and I'm going to take it, but I want to get to know some people before it starts. Anyone here?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone on here is going to be at UNMC for the Internal Medicine SURP. I just got the offer and I'm going to take it, but I want to get to know some people before it starts. Anyone here?

What's that? I'm not interested in IM, so likely not. Does UNC even invite DOs to these program conferences?

Summer Undergraduate Research Program. I'm pretty sure they allow anyone with an interest in either research or medicine to apply for it. Unfortunately, almost all of the programs had application deadlines of March 1st for this summer, but if you're a sophomore right now, it'd be perfect for you to apply next spring. Just go to
http://www.unmc.edu/dept/summerresearch/

There's a TON of different programs you can apply for, and there may also be some still open for application (just not the ones I applied for). The SURP at UNMC generally is 10 wks long (basically the whole summer) and they give you a stipend of $3k for your work. It works out really well if you have someone in Omaha, NE to stay with, then you get to bank most of your stipend!! (I'm staying with my aunt for free, so I basically get to keep all my money!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Summer Undergraduate Research Program. I'm pretty sure they allow anyone with an interest in either research or medicine to apply for it. Unfortunately, almost all of the programs had application deadlines of March 1st for this summer, but if you're a sophomore right now, it'd be perfect for you to apply next spring. Just go to
http://www.unmc.edu/dept/summerresearch/

There's a TON of different programs you can apply for, and there may also be some still open for application (just not the ones I applied for). The SURP at UNMC generally is 10 wks long (basically the whole summer) and they give you a stipend of $3k for your work. It works out really well if you have someone in Omaha, NE to stay with, then you get to bank most of your stipend!! (I'm staying with my aunt for free, so I basically get to keep all my money!)

Do they usually take graduating seniors ;)

I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply...;) Although, it's mainly for undergraduates, so I'm not sure you would qualify since you'd be graduating. You may want to contact the university you're interested in and see if they have research opportunities available (my friend is going to U of Iowa next year and she got a research position for the summer there). Those type of positions make you stand out when you're applying for residencies, also. (From what I hear from my friend.:rolleyes: )

I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply...;) Although, it's mainly for undergraduates, so I'm not sure you would qualify since you'd be graduating. You may want to contact the university you're interested in and see if they have research opportunities available (my friend is going to U of Iowa next year and she got a research position for the summer there). Those type of positions make you stand out when you're applying for residencies, also. (From what I hear from my friend.:rolleyes: )

Very true.

It's irrelavent at this point. The due dates have passed for most programs except Pharmaceuticals, which I have no interest to commit myself to at this time.

Thanks for the information though, I'll be sure to pass it along to my sibling.

Well, good luck to your brother/sister. :luck: Anyone else going to be there this summer?:)

bumpity bump bump...:rolleyes: