unmotivated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDrunner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT again on June 15th and I am so unmotivated to study at all! I am in the denial stage that I know what to expect so I am bound to do better (like I did on my ACT's and my GRE's). Stupid I know but I am just having a hard time buckling down and getting it done. Any motivating thoughts for me? I really need to nail the MCAT this time!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take a practice MCAT (at home, from Kaplan's free events, from Princeton Review's free events). I'm sure that if you end up with a score you don't like, it's bound to hit you on what you need to do to get into med school. Scoring a 25 will break your denial.

On the other hand, if you score high, being unmotivated really isn't a huge deal, maybe you're just confident...

Take a practice MCAT (at home, from Kaplan's free events, from Princeton Review's free events). I'm sure that if you end up with a score you don't like, it's bound to hit you on what you need to do to get into med school. Scoring a 25 will break your denial.

On the other hand, if you score high, being unmotivated really isn't a huge deal, maybe you're just confident...

:thumbup:. That's what I did. I had been doing really well on practice MCATs from Kaplan, so I got really unmotivated to study. Then I took a couple AAMC tests and got 3-5 points lower than I had on Kaplan. That really kicked my rear into gear.