Unofficial GRE Score Report Required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychLu

Reaction score
I am currently applying to several clinical psych PhD programs and several schools have required that I upload my unofficial GRE score report (they still require that I send an official score, as well). My concern is that my unofficial report has all of the programs that I sent my official GRE score to. So, they'll be able to see what other schools I'm applying to. It seems inappropriate.

Am I concerned over nothing?

Members don't see this ad.

You’re concerned over nothing. If you really want you can mask out the schools.

You’re concerned over nothing. If you really want you can mask out the schools.

Alright, thank you for this feedback. I think I have an average number of schools I'm applying to and they're all about the same as far as prestige level. Them knowing my school list won't hurt my chances. It just seems kind of intrusive and I thought college admissions weren't allowed to ask anymore? But then again, I guess they're not directly asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, thank you for this feedback. I think I have an average number of schools I'm applying to and they're all about the same as far as prestige level. Them knowing my school list won't hurt my chances. It just seems kind of intrusive and I thought college admissions weren't allowed to ask anymore? But then again, I guess they're not directly asking.
Eh, "prestige" doesn't really work that way for clinical psych doctoral programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Some schools are setup such that some material is sent to the graduate school and other material is sent to the department. This can lead to pains in system coordination and this is likely a way to circumvent dealing with that. If its the same destination I don't understand. Either way, no one should care where else you're applying to and I doubt anyone pays it any attention. It certainly wouldn't be a factor considered in if you get interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user