Unofficial vs Offical OAT scores

Brittany Sunshine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some opinions! I recently took my OAT and scored below average. My AA was 290.

I was told I can send my unofficial test scores to admissions for them to review my file and make a decision on my acceptance. However, my unofficial scores show my percentile ranking (which range from 21% to 63%). I feel like the shown percentiles do not benefit me AT ALL! For instance, my 290 section has a percentile ranking of 32%.

Do you think I should just wait for them to get my offical scores in 3-4 weeks? Versus sending them unofficial with the percentiles?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

They can see the percentiles on the official as well, so just send them your unofficial (it's not going to change) and good luck!

They can see the percentiles on the official as well, so just send them your unofficial (it's not going to change) and good luck!
Mmm. On the unofficial report it says that only standard scores are reported! Are you sure they can see the percentiles?

Pretty sure they don't see percentiles.
I remember during one of my interviews they had my OAT scores printed out in front of them. I didn't see the percentiles on the scores anywhere like they were on the copy you get when you finish the test.