Unpaid pharmacy intern jobs the norm soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8turkeys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
It would be one thing to be helping out a struggling little hospital for a few hours a week, but working for humana for free is going too far.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be one thing to be helping out a struggling little hospital for a few hours a week, but working for humana for free is going too far.
I see it differently. You can always volunteer at your local hospital or community pharmacy with almost no barrier to entry. How many opportunities do you get to volunteer at a PBM?

Reactions: 2 users
My company has eliminated intern position entirely..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I would have thought that by now you have to pay to intern in a non-retail setting.

we hire interns as basically prn techs, but then provide extra "internship" activities that are non-paid- we got about 20 applicants for every position

My company has eliminated intern position entirely..
Mine has too but I just became an intern and am earning over $20. The key is to be a tech near the end of undergrad, that way you are likely to be promoted to intern and at the very least keep the same pay.