This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmTech94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a new thread this year for all applicants applying for admission of Fall 2018! Has anyone applied, or had an interview, or heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My Pharmcas app was submitted on November 11. UNT received all my materials and verification on November 20...

I just got my acceptance email! I sent in my application on November 3rd. Interview was on December 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance email! I sent in my application on November 3rd. Interview was on December 11.
How was the interview?
And if you don't mind, can you share your stats?

Although UNT was my first interview, I feel like it was a very relaxing interview. Relaxing in the way that the faculty members are really nice and helpful. They help you stay calm and not panic over the interview. There is a writing portion and calculation portion that was not difficult considering you've taken the pcat. writing portion is more about your experiences in life (at least mine was). calculation portion is more about conversions and basic math. Interview portion was with 2 people (one pharmacist one student I think), both were really nice and really help you feel more comfortable.

My stats getting in:
GPA:2.6 (yes I know that is like literally the worst gpa in the world)
PCAt: 87 composite
Bio: 94
Chem: 92
Reading: 59
Quant: 77
Writing: 2

Last edited:
Although UNT was my first interview, I feel like it was a very relaxing interview. Relaxing in the way that the faculty members are really nice and helpful. They help you stay calm and not panic over the interview. There is a writing portion and calculation portion that was not difficult considering you've taken the pcat. writing portion is more about your experiences in life (at least mine was). calculation portion is more about conversions and basic math. Interview portion was with 2 people (one pharmacist one student I think), both were really nice and really help you feel more comfortable.

My stats getting in:
GPA:2.6 (yes I know that is like literally the worst gpa in the world)
PCAt: 87 composite
Bio: 94
Chem: 92
Reading: 59
Quant: 77
Writing: 2
Any other tips?

Any other tips?

If you are asking about the interview in particular, my tip to you would be to make sure you have a good story/foundation to build around. Example: let's say you've been a musician for 10 years. How has this helped you? You can say something along the times of how practicing everyday has helped you build up a strong work ethic. Or dedication and motivation towards an instrument has shown you that hard work can apply to other areas of life. Same thing applies to why you are interested in pursuing the field of pharmacy. Hope this helps!

If you are asking about the interview in particular, my tip to you would be to make sure you have a good story/foundation to build around. Example: let's say you've been a musician for 10 years. How has this helped you? You can say something along the times of how practicing everyday has helped you build up a strong work ethic. Or dedication and motivation towards an instrument has shown you that hard work can apply to other areas of life. Same thing applies to why you are interested in pursuing the field of pharmacy. Hope this helps!
Thanks!!

Also, did you apply anywhere else?
Well, I think they’re waiting for the fall 2017 transcripts to be updated for interview consideration( not sure) but, I did apply to two other schools and I got an interview request from both of them. However, UNT is my first choice.

Well, I think they’re waiting for the fall 2017 transcripts to be updated for interview consideration( not sure) but, I did apply to two other schools and I got an interview request from both of them. However, UNT is my first choice.
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your PCAT score and GPA?

I just got interview invitation this morning, on Friday January 12th.

For any of you hasn't received the invitation, did you finish your Pre-req?

2 days before Christmas, I received an email about academic update on my A&P 1 course, mentioning it is required before any final decision can be made regarding an interview.

For any of you hasn't received the invitation, did you finish your Pre-req?

2 days before Christmas, I received an email about academic update on my A&P 1 course, mentioning it is required before any final decision can be made regarding an interview.

I think as long as you can finish pre-reqs in time, it shouldn't hinder your chances of receiving an interview. On my interview day, there were still a fair amount of people who were taking pre reqs in 2018 spring.

Yeah, I think it's only required for those who will finish pre-reqs in Fall 2017 like me; not for those in Spring 2018.

I think as long as you can finish pre-reqs in time, it shouldn't hinder your chances of receiving an interview. On my interview day, there were still a fair amount of people who were taking pre reqs in 2018 spring.

Anyone who got interview. How was the interview and essay question? What questions were you asked?

Is it kinda late to submit my application in order to have my interview before march anyone,if I got accepted?

I just got accepted today from the Hold list last week, and will give up my waitlist position at UT Tyler. Good luck to y'all.

Didn't you apply at tt too?

No, I only apply to UNT and UT Tyler, with UNT as my first choice. Texas Tech doesn't have General Coursework Exemption for Bachelor degree like UNT and UT Tyler.

No, I only apply to UNT and UT Tyler, with UNT as my first choice. Texas Tech doesn't have General Coursework Exemption for Bachelor degree like UNT and UT Tyler.
Congratulation! Were you placed on waitlist and got accepted?

Congratulation! Were you placed on waitlist and got accepted?

Thank you and Yes, I was if we consider hold list as waitlist, and I waited less than 1 week to get the acceptance email, without sending any email asking my position.

hey y'all, i submitted my application on the 31st about 2 weeks ago and i got an email today for an interview on the 28th