UNT System College of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hooray! I got an interview for October 10th and chose the afternoon session. E-submitted my PharmCAS on 9/9, got it verified on 9/22, and received interview offer on 9/23. Pretty fast.

Also, I wasn't aware of this in the beginning, but send in your application even if your recommendations aren't all in! I was stalling on my essay because I knew I still had to wait on one recommendation letter, but I really wish I would have just finished my essay earlier and submitted my app as soon as I finished it. I still got a pretty early interview date, so I guess it didn't delay me too much.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on interview! Do you mind sharing your overall GPA, math/science GPA, PCAT, and other stats?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got interview offers, what is the time frame you heard back after submitting application?

Yes. Took PCAT first week of Sept 2016. Called Pearson and they said it usually takes approx. 5 weeks.
Have you sent in your application to UNT yet? Sent mine in and I want to believe they are waiting for sep scores to come in

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope to see a lot of you guys there Monday! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Have you sent in your application to UNT yet? Sent mine in and I want to believe they are waiting for sep scores to come in
Official PCAT scores posted today 10/6/2016. Let us know if you get any response from UNT. I submitted everything in and I'm waiting for interview letter as well.

For those who got interview offers, what is the time frame you heard back after submitting application?

I think it was about a month for me. I submitted Early Aug, and received an invite early Setemberish.

Congrats on interview! Do you mind sharing your overall GPA, math/science GPA, PCAT, and other stats?

Hi! My stats were 3.7 cumGPA, 3.5 math and science GPA, 68 on PCAT, and pharmacy technician for 8 months. I had lots of volunteer and extracurricular activities, some healthcare related, some not (most not). I applied on 9/9, had my PharmCAS verified 9/22, and got the interview the day after. I submitted my supplemental before my PharmCAS so I guess they were able to start reviewing my application early and fit me into the October interview date. I wasn't expecting interview dates until November because I thought I would have had to submit in July or August to get the October interview dates.

Official PCAT scores posted today 10/6/2016. Let us know if you get any response from UNT. I submitted everything in and I'm waiting for interview letter as well.
Will do.....crossing those fingers real tight !

I just found out there's no fee required for applying to UNT but got an email in august requiring $100 application fee after submitting my course verification form. Did anyone else pay/not pay this fee?

No I didn't pay....I had my interview yesterday!

No I didn't pay....I had my interview yesterday!
Cool, how did it go? What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? My money order was returned and I was told my fall '16 grades need to be updated to secure an interview since I'm missing/retaking a few courses.

@benoski

The interview was really laid back and no pressure at all

My stats are
PCAT: 83%
Math and Science: about 3.3
Cumulative: about 3.6
No pharm experience
100+ volunteer experience

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, how did it go? What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? My money order was returned and I was told my fall '16 grades need to be updated to secure an interview since I'm missing/retaking a few courses.
Also I think you can get an interview without uploading fall grades because they tell you at the interview to update them

@benoski

The interview was really laid back and no pressure at all

My stats are
PCAT: 83%
Math and Science: about 3.3
Cumulative: about 3.6
No pharm experience
100+ volunteer experience

Nice, your stats are good.......I think they want to see my fall grades maybe to see how much of an improvement I make on courses I'm retaking. How do you feel? When are you expected to hear back from them?

Nice, your stats are good.......I think they want to see my fall grades maybe to see how much of an improvement I make on courses I'm retaking. How do you feel? When are you expected to hear back from them?

I feel pretty good about it! I think the wait time is 4 weeks after the interview so I should hear from them around early November

Good luck guys.. I was placed on "hold" as of today. :/

[Interviewed 10/10 in the morning]
I got in!!! Received my email today!!

I will be declining my acceptance, goodluck to everyone!

Hooray, I got in too! I interviewed 10/10.

Hey guys,

To those of you who have already been interviewed and accepted, what time frame do they give you to accept/decline the admission?
I was really curious how it works considering many students, like myself, apply to multiple schools and some don't start sending letters of acceptance until February. This would be very conflicting if I was required to decide within weeks of getting the letter!

I have an interview today (10/31) and for any prospects worrying, my stats weren't all that spectacular. I'm a certified pharmacy technician but never even used it because I already had a job working at an infectious disease clinic. Seeing all the better stats in the comments above, I doubt I'll get in, but I'm still hopeful and excited to give it a shot and get a feel for how the interview process is like since I have 2 more interviews for other schools on the 5th and 11th.

Best of luck to everyone, and no need to be nervous! If it doesn't happen then apparently it wasn't meant to be right now or for this school. Everything will work out I assure you!!

Hey guys,

To those of you who have already been interviewed and accepted, what time frame do they give you to accept/decline the admission?
I was really curious how it works considering many students, like myself, apply to multiple schools and some don't start sending letters of acceptance until February. This would be very conflicting if I was required to decide within weeks of getting the letter!

I have an interview today (10/31) and for any prospects worrying, my stats weren't all that spectacular. I'm a certified pharmacy technician but never even used it because I already had a job working at an infectious disease clinic. Seeing all the better stats in the comments above, I doubt I'll get in, but I'm still hopeful and excited to give it a shot and get a feel for how the interview process is like since I have 2 more interviews for other schools on the 5th and 11th.

Best of luck to everyone, and no need to be nervous! If it doesn't happen then apparently it wasn't meant to be right now or for this school. Everything will work out I assure you!!

I have yet to receive my info on that yet actually....

Has anybody received an email with the info to fill out to send to the school after acceptance?

[Interviewed 10/10 in the morning]
I got in!!! Received my email today!!
Congrats!!! May I ask what your stats are? I had my interview 10/31 and I just want to compare my stats to those who have been accepted to see where I stand.
Also, how was the calculations quiz for you? I had no idea that was there and didnt prepare. So i dont think i did well :(

I have my interview tomorrow in the morning But my PCAT is very low

I also have interview tomorrow. But afternoon after lunch. I have low GPA and lowPCAT composite.
I didnot have any PharmTech experiences
I only have BS in Biochemistry at UTA this December
Lab research experiences in Biochemistry (2 years)
Extra volunteering experiences
Member of PPA UTA

UNT is my first choice. I hope that I can get acceptance

Last edited:
Nope, I'm still waiting also. It's still early, so I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet.

I feel like I do. Haha everyone was so impressive. And I think I totally bombed the calculations. It was a surprise for me. Good luck! Hope you get in!

I had my interview Oct. 31. Has anyone from that group heard back yet? As of today it's been exactly 4 weeks and the suspense is killing me!

Last edited:
Nope, I'm still waiting also. It's still early, so I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet.
It drives me crazy that the 10/10 group heard back after less than 2 weeks and it's been 4 weeks for us now and still no news :inpain:

It drives me crazy that the 10/10 group heard back after less than 2 weeks and it's been 4 weeks for us now and still no news :inpain:
You're not the only one, this suspense is killing me. Just wait a little longer, the admissions director did say that she would email us the moment she finds out. Hopefully we'll hear back this week.

woohoo... i got in! literally received the email 10 mins ago lol.
Intviewed 31Oct. See you guys next Fall! Good luck everyone.

You're not the only one, this suspense is killing me. Just wait a little longer, the admissions director did say that she would email us the moment she finds out. Hopefully we'll hear back this week.
I got in!!!! Found out about 10 minutes after my last post haha.

I got in!!!! Found out about 10 minutes after my last post haha.
Congrats!
Would you mind sharing your interview experience, what kind of essay and math questions was asked?

This might be a silly question but I haven't found an answer so I'll ask here.

When you opt for exemption, do you have to hold a bachelor's degree while you are applying? I'm asking because I have a friend who wants to apply the fall of his senior year. However, upon matriculation, he will hold a bachelor's degree. Would he be able to claim the exemption?

Thanks for your help!

How was the interview! I have mine in January!
The whole interview process was pretty laid back. Be ready for a few math questions and an essay portion, honestly don't sweat it though it's pretty simple. The interview itself of course is nerve racking, but the faculty were very nice and not intimidating at all. They honestly just want to get to know you. Good luck! Anxiously waiting for their decision

This might be a silly question but I haven't found an answer so I'll ask here.

When you opt for exemption, do you have to hold a bachelor's degree while you are applying? I'm asking because I have a friend who wants to apply the fall of his senior year. However, upon matriculation, he will hold a bachelor's degree. Would he be able to claim the exemption?

Thanks for your help!
I believe he could do the exemption, but I would definitely contact the school to double check.

The whole interview process was pretty laid back. Be ready for a few math questions and an essay portion, honestly don't sweat it though it's pretty simple. The interview itself of course is nerve racking, but the faculty were very nice and not intimidating at all. They honestly just want to get to know you. Good luck! Anxiously waiting for their decision
What kind of math? (Statistics, algebra...?)
Was the essay general subject or to write about your self?
Thanks

Congrats!!! May I ask what your stats are? I had my interview 10/31 and I just want to compare my stats to those who have been accepted to see where I stand.
Also, how was the calculations quiz for you? I had no idea that was there and didnt prepare. So i dont think i did well :(
Sorry just seen this? My stats:
BS &Masters degree holder
Above 3.4 gpa pharmcas &UNT undergrad transcript it was 3.167 . Few Volunteer hours at pharmacy teaching experience additional volunteer work xperience mostly not health related.. have on more prerequisites to take since I didn't claim d exemption to boost my GPA to like 3.5 or so

Anyone from the December interviews hear anything yet or have an idea of how much longer? I got very excited when I saw UNT hit my inbox this morning but it was only some more info about the academic update.

I emailed before Xmas and they stated the ADCOM's will not meet again till the end of Jan.