unverified + interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quaileggs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I would like to know is: How many of you have recieved interviews with unverified applications? Are those of us who remain unverified because of those ##$!$*@s at AMCAS on complete freeze regardless of the rest of the app (letters,secondaries) being complete? I am so angry...but over my dead body will I give up...I will not let them win....thinking of driving to DC from Columbus if I don't get verified SOON. They have had both of my transcripts since the beginning of July. Submission 6/30 :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, there are some of us who have interviews and are not processed. I submitted 07/03 and have not been processed but I have interviews from Baylor, UChicago, and Tulane. Just hang on tight bro. But if you do go down to AMCAS please RAISE HELL!

From what I gather, the vast majority is receiving interviews without verification. That appears to be the norm this year. And also from that other post, it seems they have to since AMCAS says their verification target date is now Christmas! Can anyone else verify this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good--I am glad to hear that unverified people are getting interviews.(At Cornell they are not even getting secondaries)
My husband says if I go to DC I should charter a bus and pick people up along the way! ;)

I submitted my AMCAS on 7/30 and got an interview offer from Michigan on 8/7. My application was extrememely unverified then, and is sure to be unverified for quite a while still...who knows what's going on.
I still don't even have this mysterious "change notification" button.

Szkwicz...

How did you get an interview at Michigan without being verified? I thought Michigan wasnt "taking any action" until they get verified apps. Did you send a printed copy to them?

DukeGirlie

Actually, Michigan IS taking action without verified applications. When I got my interview so soon, I was shocked.
I talked with a woman in the admissions department and she told me that they had one page unverified printouts from AMCAS and with it they set an MCAT/GPA cutoff to get in some early interviews. I guess they really want to keep with their regular schedule for interviews. I'm not sure what they're planning on doing once they get verified apps.
I don't know what their current cutoff is for interviews, but it appears to be all numbers-based as they have no personal statements or information on extracurriculars from the one page printouts.

Oh, almost forgot...
and no I did not send them a paper application. :)