Unverified Volunteering Hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnitetots12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How strict are volunteering hours for verification? I don't want to go on a detailed spiel, but I volunteer at a place where the supervisor definitely knows me and lets me know how thankful they are I regularly volunteer. Though, a lot of my hours are unverified (50+) and when I only have around 200 total including such hours, I'm not sure if it would look weird or if an adcom would ever question those 50 hours and make sure it's verified to the t

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As long as you provide contact information for where you completed an activity, any adcom could simply contact them. That being said, they don't have the time to contact each and every applicant's references so there's somewhat of an honor code in place

How strict are volunteering hours for verification? I don't want to go on a detailed spiel, but I volunteer at a place where the supervisor definitely knows me and lets me know how thankful they are I regularly volunteer. Though, a lot of my hours are unverified (50+) and when I only have around 200 total including such hours, I'm not sure if it would look weird or if an adcom would ever question those 50 hours and make sure it's verified to the t
Why not make sure the supervisor is aware and in agreement about those extra 50 hours (and whatever you were doing during that time)? Or make a note about the extra 50 hours in your narrative?

Reactions: 1 user