Unwise to join Army med without prior military experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackajack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it seems that I've flooded this board, but my questions appear to be more specific than what SDN could find with its automatic similar threads locator. I have just one more question:

Are most Army HPSPers prior service and would it be unwise for those without any military experience whatsover to apply for an Army scholarship (i.e. getting rejected for the scholarship b/c of lack of prior service)?

Members don't see this ad.

you wont get rejected without prior service....if you get into med school and have the physical capacity to serve you will be offered the scholarship

it might be unwise to sign with the military for an extended period of time if you dont know what the military is all about and youre signing away a lot of your life....

I know it seems that I've flooded this board, but my questions appear to be more specific than what SDN could find with its automatic similar threads locator. I have just one more question:

Are most Army HPSPers prior service and would it be unwise for those without any military experience whatsover to apply for an Army scholarship (i.e. getting rejected for the scholarship b/c of lack of prior service)?

The vast majority of HPSP and even a majority of USUHS students don't have prior military service. Remember no one who enlists in the military after graduating high school has military service either. Ultimately, you make a guess as to your desire to service and give up some automony.