Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UOMHS Vs. UHS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by scoren, Mar 4, 1999.

1. scoren

scoren Member
    10+ Year Member

To all current students or applicants who chose between these two schools:

These are two great schools, but I'd be interested in learning why you chose one over the other. I like various aspects of the school in Des Moines, and other ones about the one in KC. It's a tough decision!

Thanks for your input [​IMG]

2. ewagner

ewagner Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Soren,
    Last year I was accepted to both uhs and uomhs. I am now at UHS. I am happy. I chose UHS because I preferred KC over Des Moines, I also liked the facilities and campus at UHS. Both are good schools, UOMHS for example has a few professional programs (ie. PT, PA,etc) that you can mingle with the students. UHS does not offer that currently. So, as far as the school, I am happy, as far as diversity of students...we are lacking.

Hey , we do have a kickin' anatomy lab! ERF is cool too. One of a kind.

later

e

3. scoren

scoren Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I do admit the anatomy and OMM labs are UHS are great! I arrived for my interview on a weekend after one of the exam periods and the campus seemed like a ghost town, it was amazing. It's interesting to hear why people choose one particular school over another!

Thanks again,

Scott