UOP/BU-alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docsakhi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody,
i am new to sdn and would like to share my status with all of you.i got accepted in NYU but i was placed on alternate list in both UOP AND BU.
UOP people mentioned that my position is in the upper third and nothing in special from BU.can any one tell me what are the chances of gettting into these schools from alternate list. i know many of you are still waiting to hear from BU like me good luck to every one.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi doc,
I know someone who has withdrawn the admission from UOP.So did u call them recently....ur number must have come to the top :)

wish u good luck :luck:
sree.

hi sree,
i called them last week,they told me that there are no changes till then,can u tell me when did your friend told to them about the withdrawl.i will call them again tommorow.
thankyou

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear docsakshi,
As far as BU is concerned they donot give a ranking to students in the alternate list but whenevr a seat is created they review the potential candidates again.
Possibly if you could give you stas people would be able to suggest better.
take care

hi pinktooth,
these are my scores,
nbde-90
gpa-3.78
toefl-263
i saw the acceptence threard list and came to know that so many people with better scores than mine are waiting to hear from bu.

docsakhi said:
hi pinktooth,
these are my scores,
nbde-90
gpa-3.78
toefl-263
i saw the acceptence threard list and came to know that so many people with better scores than mine are waiting to hear from bu.

hey ur stats r really good......how is it that u werent accepted at bu?did u apply late?
all the best

docsakhi said:
hi pinktooth,
these are my scores,
nbde-90
gpa-3.78
toefl-263

Hey, those r pretty good status..I am wondering why didn't u join a school yet?
How many schools did u apply & in what all u got in to?

hi starwars,
i applied to BU in sep 2003 and finished my interview on oct 21st 2003, i am waiting to hear from them since then.which school did you get into?

hi dental doc,
i applied to UPENN-got rejection letter
BU-alternate list
UOP-alternate list(position upper third)
NYU-accepted
waiting to hear from uop by june last week,dont know anything about boston.what about you which school did you get into?

hi pinktooth,
congrats .
you got real good scores.
good luck.

docsakhi said:
hi starwars,
i applied to BU in sep 2003 and finished my interview on oct 21st 2003, i am waiting to hear from them since then.which school did you get into?

hi dental doc,
i applied to UPENN-got rejection letter
BU-alternate list
UOP-alternate list(position upper third)
NYU-accepted
waiting to hear from uop by june last week,dont know anything about boston.what about you which school did you get into?

I am yet to apply to schools for 2005..
Why didn't u apply to other schools in California and also others which have IDP program :confused: -just curious :)

So, will u be joining NYU?

hi dentaldoc,
i really dont know about the other schools with ids program.
i know about lomalinda,ucla,ucsf
by the time i got my nbde score application dead lines for lomalinda and ucla are over. and i applied in ucsf but i didnot attend the interview as they have part 2 written test.

docsakhi said:
hi dentaldoc,
i really dont know about the other schools with ids program.
i know about lomalinda,ucla,ucsf
by the time i got my nbde score application dead lines for lomalinda and ucla are over. and i applied in ucsf but i didnot attend the interview as they have part 2 written test.

the other one is USC..I think it is one of the schools which have their deadline early..
Other than the above mentioned schools I think the schools which have IDP are space based.
wish u :luck:

hey docsakhi,
dont be disheartened.u have good stats and i am sure u will get in....
all the best...
i am yet to apply to schools

Hi docsaksi,
As others have already mentioned you have got a very good score.Just have patience and keep in touch with BU.

hi starwars and dental doc,
did you start applying for schools?what are your stats?
all the best for you both.are you planning to apply in all the schools with ids program.

hi pinktooth,
thank you. i will call to BU every week.
takecare