UOP Class of 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan7677

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering who's going to UOP next year

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! Hey Juan7677, don't you mean "this year?" :p

Also, congrats mofo on your decision. I'm sure I'll be seeing you on July 11th. Have either of you received anything from the housing or financial aid offices yet? I'm looking to live in the UOP apartments. Housing up in SF is so darn expensive!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah. My mistake. I'm still in 2002 mode.

I haven't received anything from housing or financial aid yet. I called in and they told me that the financial aid stuff will be sent soon. Did you guys do your FAFSA yet?

Yep, completed the FAFSA a week or two ago.

I haven't completed the FAFSA yet, but I will soon. I don' think I'm going to liv ein the student housing because I have a cat and I couldn't leave her behind. I can't wait until July!! Does anybody know if we do anything fun for orientation? Hmm....

Are pets allowed in student housing?

Quote from UOP admissions information booklet, page 11, end of first paragraph: "The facility is not designed to accommodate children or pets. Applicants are chosen by means of a lottery system"
:D

Ya, I'm pretty sure I can't bring my cat into the student housing, so I'm planning on getting an apartment which is fine with me. Although it would be fun if everybody could bring there pets with them and it could be a pet party! I think a lot of students won't necessarily try to get student housing because I'm sure some might be married etc. Who knows. But I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Yayyyyy UOP!!!

Is that it? I thought there was more ppl going to uop. And I still didn't receive anything about financial aid or housing?

UOP Class of 2006

Sent in my deposit...so I guess I'll see y'alls in July.

BustAmove

adding one more to this list. UOP 2006!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be graduating in June from UOP. :clap:

thewzdoc-

congratulations! that's a great accomplishment. i wish you the best of luck with the future!

Originally posted by agutier3
thewzdoc-

congratulations! that's a great accomplishment. i wish you the best of luck with the future!

Thanks! It's been a long and twisted road but now I can finally see...a bench so I can sit my a$$ down and relax for a nanosecond!

Hey for those of u got into UOP,
Are all of your DAT scores above 20/20? and GPA above 3.0??

For the most part....yes.;)

barely... I got a 21/20 (acad./PAT) and my cum. GPA was a 3.10 and science was a 3.01. UOP is known to be forgiving on GPA but DAT scores, especially PAT, must be in the 20's.

Yah, I also heard that they really like a high reading comprehension score. This came from a UOP admissions representative when she visited my school......

Originally posted by agutier3

I just recently got a package with financial aid information. It had a paper copy of the FAFSA and a yellow UOP financial aid information sheet. Sent it in today (1/20/03).

Hey. When did you receive the financial aid info? I still have yet to receive it them. I don't know whats taking so long...maybe it got lost. Did the yellow financial aid info sheet have a deadline on it?

I was just browsing the posts and who should call??? UOP!!! I have been accepted!!!

My first acceptance!!!

Have a day,
CA

Congratulations!! UOP is the best!

Cwisa-

Congratulations! That's awesome.....the first one is always the most memorable. Guess I might see you in July!

Juan-

The yellow form was UOP's 2003-2004 Financial Aid Application. It asks personal information consisting of sources of income, investment verification, business/farm supplement, trusts, etc. If you haven't received it by now, I would suggest you call them.

Also, I received today (1/24/03) a sheet confirming their receipt of my deposit along with an outline of upcoming events and deadlines. Thought this might be helpful!

just accepted!!:clap: UOP 2006!!!

I will see you all in July!!

By the way, has anyone given any thought of housing? Has anyone found a convenient (close to school) and affordable area/place to live? Any input would be appreciated. :)

I probably will end up living with my friend. He's a 2nd year at uop right now. Right now where he's living its $1875 for a 2 bed. Yeah its pretty pricy but the closer you are to school the more expensive it gets. His apt is about a 10-15 min walk to school and its very nice and spacious. But if I do get offered housing in the UOP apartment, then my plans might change. But we'll have to see.

$1875!!:eek: That's unbelievable......what can you say, its S.F. It looks like I might have to commute at those prices, or take out an extremely large loan :mad: ! We'll see...

Yeah, I'm hoping I won't have to pay that much. But we'll have to see once we go apartment hunting.

I have been looking online at apartments in San Francisco. Luckily lots of them take cats, but they are so expensive! Oh well, it will totally be worth it!

I'm going to UOP! I can't wait!:)
but only 3 weeks vacation for me. :eek:

Hey perfectsmile....welcome to the UOP family!

Only 3 weeks vacation huh? I know the feeling. I'll have a good month before starting. Better than nothing, so I'll take it. See you in July!

By the way, are there any incoming UOP students willing to meet before school starts? PM me if interested. I am in contact with several others already, and would be happy to add you to the list!

Hey agutier3

That would be cool to meet before school starts. One day that would be good would be UOP pride day. Its next month on April 12th, and it's open to everyone. I'm going already, for more info go to the uUOP dental school website where the events are posted. Hope to see you all there.
-Perfectsmile UOP class of 2006:D

UOP Pride Day sounds great! But I don't know if I can get time off school. I'll check my schedule and get back to you. Are you planning on attending? You can PM me if you want......

Anybody know if we can get UOP Dental School shirts and stuff? I looked online and it looked like they have shirts that just say UOP. I want to start showing off!

Hehe....I don't really know. I'd get one anyway, even if it doesn't have "school of dentistry" on it. There's plenty of time to look around though....but if you find one, let me know.

For anybody thinking about attending Pacific (UOP) Pride Day....I just confirmed my registration. PM me if you're going and maybe we can get a group together to meet.

I know perfectsmile is going ;) , anyone else?

hey agutier,
I am going..along with 20+ ppl from berkeley's predental society. =) maybe I'll see u there.

Hope so...see you then!

Did you guys get something in the mail about Pride Day? I didn't get anything, I only saw it on the school calander. I wanna go!

There is no mailer for this event. You have to call them first and then they will send you an invitation.

Mofo (and anyone else interested), you can register by calling (415) 929-6434. It is on Saturday, April 12 from 9:30-3:00pm and is $15 per person (includes a Continental breakfast and lunch). RSVP by March 28. Hope to see many of you there!

Hey thanks for the link mofo. I'm gonna get one!

Has anyone been able to log onto the accepted students web page using the username and password they sent us? It doesn't seem to work yet.

Also, for those of you who are planning to live in a non UOP apartment what are you plans for looking for one? I was thinking of making a trip to San Francisco mid May, but I'm a little worried about how long it will take and how hard it will be since I'm from out of state.

Well, I'm off to Pacific Pride Day tomorrow. I can't wait to see the school again!

I wasn't able to log on either... Oh well. I will see you all saturday at pride day.

Originally posted by mofo
......Also, for those of you who are planning to live in a non UOP apartment what are you plans for looking for one? I was thinking of making a trip to San Francisco mid May, but I'm a little worried about how long it will take and how hard it will be since I'm from out of state.

Well, I'm off to Pacific Pride Day tomorrow. I can't wait to see the school again!

Hey mofo. I heard that finding a good place to live in near school is kinda hard. Atleast thats what my friends in UOP tell me. I was lucky to find a pretty good place very close to school. Its a 2bed, spacious, clean and only 5 min walking distance from school. The 3 of us got the place for $1850. Thats a pretty good price for the Pacific Heights area. Usually for a 2bed in that location, its like $2000 or more. Just remember that the closer you are to school, the more you'll be paying. Feel free to Pm me if you have any additional questions. Good luck.

HOLY MOLY! Got a call today and I'm finally off the waitlist and accepted! Got my deposit at Columbia, but i'm pretty sure i'm headed your way to UOP this July. Can't wait!!

UOP 2006!!

Congratulations ktran! I'm honored to be your classmate. So does this mean you will be paying two deposits? If so that sucks, but I'm sure you've made the right decision for yourself. See you in July!

To those who did not attend Pacific Pride Day:

I just want to let you all know that it was great! There were so many people that came....prospective students, accepted students, current students, and even a good deal of alumni dentists. I think it shows just how exceptional the UOP SoD educational experience is. After experiencing this, I'm extremely confident in my decision. A little less than 3 months left to go!

Pacific Pride Day was very awesome. My parents were really impressed with the school and thought the high tuittion is totally worth it. Everybody was sooooo nice and it was cool to see parts of the school that I hadn't seen yet. I am convinced that UOP is the best dental school ever!