UOP info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I talked to UOP today and spoke with Kathy, Director of Student Services, since Kristin is out of town on a conference (I believe a lot of admissions staff from all dental schools are at this conference at this time) and this is what I got out of the phone call.

At this time, UOP is full! Admissions staff and committee will conduct interviews this month for the waiting list and all March interview slots are all booked up. Within the next week or so, UOP will determine if they need to open A DAY OR TWO for further interviews in April (10 applicants each interview day) to further add to the waiting list.

I also inquired about how many applicant files do they have that are still in the "review status", Kathy told me that they have close to 300 application files that they will be choosing from for that ~20 (2 additional interview days in April, 10 applicants each day if opened) interview slots, if they so decide to open those 2 additional interview days in April.

Basically, if you have recieved an interview invitation lately for March, it's for the waiting list like Star Girl said, and if we're lucky, UOP will pick two (2) more days in April to interview ~20 of us out of ~300 for the waiting list! If we don't receive anything from UOP about an interview, expect a letter stating that they are full and we are rejected for fall 2002.

Encouraging, huh?!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a really sad news. I guess that it helps to apply early. Well, Yah-ZZZ. I'm sure that you'll get in other good schools as well. Best of luck with Nova and NYU. Let us know how it goes.
T