UOP interview for an alternate seat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jellybean84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if anyone has information about how likely it is for me to be accepted to UOP if i am being interviewed as a alternate at the end of January 2009. I already have acceptances to U of Mich (with a scholarship), creighton, ASDOH, and Western...Im grateful to be accepted to these schools but UOP is my top pick.

i already placed my deposit for ASDOH and i know i shouldnt be worried since i have acceptances but it would be really nice to stay close to home since im from the bay area.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ok here is the deal, I am a former alternate for UOP. they interview about 30-40 people for the alternate list, if you make it to the alternate list (unless you really mess up at the interview you will) they take about 10-15 from the 30 people in the list. You have a good shot at getting in.

Ok here is the deal, I am a former alternate for UOP. they interview about 30-40 people for the alternate list, if you make it to the alternate list (unless you really mess up at the interview you will) they take about 10-15 from the 30 people in the list. You have a good shot at getting in.

Also if you REALLY want to get into UoP I hear they literally guarantee you a spot in next year's class if you don't make it off the list. They list a few "conditional" things you need to do for next cycle like take a class or two and as long as you do you get accepted. If anyone has first hand knowledge of this please confirm or refute my claim I am just going by word of mouth.

Also keep in mind if you do wait a year, you will still graduate at the same time as you would if you went to any other college now.

Also my current dentist I work for came off the alternate list so it is indeed possible.

Oh and another thing UoP is one of the schools that ranks their alternate list, so you actually know where you stand so that should help too!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys, ill just keep my fingers crossed until then. :)

this is off topic, but what scholarship did you get from Mich? I am just wondering b/c that's where I am going...thanks

I'm not really sure because I didn't read the letter very closely since I don't plan on going there, but I'm the first generation in my family to graduate college.. and they said my academic achievements show potential and a promising future in dentistry.