UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2025* Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2024* Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*PS: Remember that it's a 3 year program, and that's why it's C/O 2025 and not 2026 ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an application complete email?

I have, received 7/13

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #9
School:
UoP
Notification date: 8/25
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/ No
Dates available: 10/5 seems to be the earliest date for In-Person and 10/25 for Virtual
Method of interview: In-Person or Virtual option.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Whats the area code of the phone call you received TheMonkeyKing if you don't mind me asking.

Interview #2
School: UOP
Notification date: 8/26
Method of notification: phone call
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25, no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/7 was also offered 10/11 and 10/14
Method of interview: In-person or virtual

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think it's worth applying with a 19AA 21PAT DAT?
Depends on your other stats and ECs + we are entering the beginning of the later stages of the cycle. I recommend making a post in the WAMC sub forum.

Interview #1
School: UoP
Notification date: 9/10
AASDAS mail out date: 8/30
Application complete date: 9/8
GPA (science, overall): 3.63,3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20 no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14 in person and 10/25 virtual

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
School: UoP
Notification date: 9/10
AASDAS mail out date: 8/30
Application complete date: 9/8
GPA (science, overall): 3.63,3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20 no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/14 in person and 10/25 virtual
Congrats!!! When did you receive the "under active review by the executive committee" email?

UoP is one of the schools I really want to get into! I'm looking at forums and i'm noticing that people whose apps got finalized like a month after mine got interviews while I didn't. Does this mean that I've been rejected? :c

UoP is one of the schools I really want to get into! I'm looking at forums and i'm noticing that people whose apps got finalized like a month after mine got interviews while I didn't. Does this mean that I've been rejected? :c
no i believe they interview higher stats people first. you’re not rejected until you get a rejection letter

to those who received invites from UOP, pls share with me your stats and when you completed your applications. Thank you!!!

Interview #8
Notification date: Late July
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 22/22/22/21, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Early December
Method of interview: In person

Interview #8
Notification date: Late July
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 22/22/22/21, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Early December
Method of interview: In person
Congrats!! Good luck on your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #4
Notification date: 11/9/2021
Application complete date: 10/5/2021
Application received by school: 10/6/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.96, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/24/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date:Nov 15
Method of Interview: Virtual

accepted! my interviewer called me at 10 am EST

Reactions: 3 users
my interviewer called me at 2:02 cst for acceptance! I had to call back because i missed it but they were very understanding <3

Accepted yesterday - phone call - interviewed late November!

Accepted this morning via phone call (IS applicant, early December in person interview)

Very tuff tuff decision but I just turned down my offer. GL everyone !

I had no idea UOP is calling to schedule for interviews, and now i am afraind i missed their call… is there a way to find out?

Anyone else get a continuing review and questionnaire email?

did you guys fill out that questionnaire? I legit accepted to another school today and paid the deposit but UoP would have been #1

To those who have an acceptance at another school, I would pick that other school if I were you. I have many friends and acquaintances who have graduated or are currently attending UOP and a sizable number of them tell me that if they could go back, they would "highly consider" picking another school. They conveniently down play how you end up paying more for their 3 years than most other schools' 4 years and how toxic and stressful the program naturally is due to the time constraint. I would like you all to keep in mind that this one school isn't pulling some "3 year miracle" that the other schools have never tried before. There were dental schools in the past that were 3 year programs but they switched to 4 year eventually due to changing requirements, standards, and curriculum over time. UOP loves mentioning that they are the "only 3 year program in the nation" which is used as a marketing tactic to convince pre-dents to sign up with them in order to get an extra year of earning potential. If you are really sold on the 3 year program, Roseman will soon convert to a 3 year program and will charge notably less than UOP currently does. If I were a Californian choosing between UOP and Roseman, I would heavily consider moving to Utah and going to Roseman for huge cost savings and a much more pleasant overall dental school experience. I have heard that Roseman's program is pretty laid back, streamlined, and optimized compared to UOP's which is probably how they realized they could convert to a 3 year program. It seems that a notable number of the students at UOP dental tend to be Californians who did not get into UCLA, UCSF, or USC. Of course, there are others who had different reasons. I personally believe UOP has stayed a 3 year school due to profit motives (more money made per student per unit of time), glaring lack of name brand recognition (compared to UCSF, UCLA, USC for example), desire to stay attractive as a choice compared to their competition, and overall lack of genuine care for students' well-being. Back in 2016, a first-year dental student committed suicide which should make a person wonder what exactly triggered that tragic decision. Dental school is undeniably challenging, but at UOP wouldn't you think it would be more difficult just to cross the finish line let alone specialize? At the same time, at UOP you pay the highest cost of attendance per academic year than any other school in the nation while wondering whether the "year saved" is worth all the pain and toxicity associated with getting through their program. I feel all these very real aspects should be addressed for purposes of honesty and transparency. I don't say all of this to be a downer or pessimistic individual. I am posting this so that people who have a choice to make can do a better job making the choice that is truly best for them.

May I ask when did you complete the app and your stat if you feel comfortable?
I completed my application on 10/11, as I was waiting for DAT results.

I would add that my GPA pre-December academic update was only 2.98, but I was able to push myself over the 3.0 threshold with this update which I think probably helped me a lot. My first few years of school are riddled with terrible grades, but I've had a 4.0 for at least the last 100 credits. (I'm well over 120 credits total).

Notification date: 1/14/2022
Application complete date: 10/11/2021
Application received by school: 10/11/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.01, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Jan. 31, there were still some dates available in early Feb.
Method of Interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Just got a call to confirm acceptance at UOP today. I interviewed in January!

I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. Would you guys say I still have a chance at this point or is the class full

I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. Would you guys say I still have a chance at this point or is the class full
They are still interviewing currently, so I wouldn’t say there’s no chance. I think there were two more interview dates? But I’m not exactly sure honestly.