UOP stats...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found out that UOP has
~1800 applicants
~300 interviewed

Seems like if you're interviewed, you're basically in

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Beagle...I'm hoping that's true too. Where did you get that stat from? Good luck to you. Thanks for sharing!

Arby

Arby
are you having a UOP interview?
Is that your first choice in dental schools?
I got those stats from the dean. He also told me that in the interview, the most important thing is to just be yourself!
Goodluck to you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Beagle....

Yes, I have an interview at UOP on Monday, October 21. It's one of my top choices right now. I'd really like to stay in California if I could.

They have the most modern clinics/labs I've ever seen. Now I know why it's so expensive to go there. The only thing is that my experience touring there was so-so. Some people in admissions seemed a little snobby. And when they asked me my DAT score, their whole demeanor changed. It was really wierd.

However I'm sure that it's not the case for everyone at UOP. It just got me thinking. How was your interview experience there? Any feedback would be appreciated....

Arby

Beagle
I like to know your interview experience at UOP and how do you feel overall. I will be going for interview on Oct 10. Any feedback will be great! good luck to you!

Sorry, I did not interview at UOP....
I wish I could share an experience but I can't
Goodluck though!!!

one thing I know is that UOP puts lots of weight on DAT scores. If you have high scores, good dental experience and not so good GPA, you still get in.
T