UoP vs. USN vs UNLV vs Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

study girl

Study Girl
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if I could get any input about these schools. I was recently accepted at the four, and I can't really decide where to go. Here my reasoning for each... but please any input would be amazing if you know things any of the schools

USN: this will be it's first year and it is the most expensive out of the batch. However, it is close to home so I will have more family and support while in school as well as be in a familiar environment.

UNLV: I don't like how much the price has been fluctuating. I like the housing options, but I also am not sure how good of school this is.

UoP: The only thing that I don't like is the cost of living and distance from home.

Case: I liked the school and the students seemed to be happy. I don't really like Cleveland and the distance from home.

I also hope to eventually specialize in Pediatric dentistry. Please any input would be very helpful since my deadlines are coming soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Case, P/F helps for specializing.
UOP if you want to start working right after graduating; its a pretty good school

Where's USN? Either way, I'd pick UoP in a heartbeat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Debatable.

Go to wherever's the cheapest. If they're all pretty close, go to Pacific. It's the best city and it saves you a year. Plenty of people went into pedo from my class, and defintiely not just from the top 10%.

Even better since he is a pacific grad

UOP is an amazing school. I have never heard anything bad about the school from any alumni or current student. Well...except for the fact that the first year is kind of stressful due to the 3 year condensed program. In fact people say there is something in the water that makes everyone so excessively happy at UOP. They were definitely my second choice for a dental school. I am sure if you read other forum posts you will see what all the fuss is about. Plus, common, didn't you love their interview day? They make you feel like a rockstar :thumbup:.

How does P/F help in specializing?

P/F wont help you specialize; mediocre transcript in a school with A,B,C grading system will keep you from getting in. Off course if you go to a school with grading system and get all or mostly A you will easily get into residency.

UoP hands down. I interviewed at UNLV and Case I wasn't feeling either school. Plus SF has a lot of culture, and since UoP is only 3 years you'll be off to pedo in no time!

Hey I was wondering if I could get any input about these schools. I was recently accepted at the four, and I can't really decide where to go. Here my reasoning for each... but please any input would be amazing if you know things any of the schools

USN: this will be it's first year and it is the most expensive out of the batch. However, it is close to home so I will have more family and support while in school as well as be in a familiar environment.

UNLV: I don't like how much the price has been fluctuating. I like the housing options, but I also am not sure how good of school this is.

UoP: The only thing that I don't like is the cost of living and distance from home.

Case: I liked the school and the students seemed to be happy. I don't really like Cleveland and the distance from home.

I also hope to eventually specialize in Pediatric dentistry. Please any input would be very helpful since my deadlines are coming soon.

I thought you got accepted to all 4. On the Pre-dental forum, you state that you are waitlisted at UoP. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=796067)
I guess it's better that you can compare only USN, UNLV and Case now.