-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melrose112930

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider, with Corona virus will the UoP curriculum be delayed? What happens if the second wave hits and we're out of school for another 2 months? A 4 year program can better manage that than an accelerated 3 year program.

Reactions: 1 users
If I were you, I would go to Western. While it isn't impossible to specialize out of UOP, their accelerated program is not for the faint of heart. An extra year at Western also means another year to build up your residency applications, to focus on extracurriculars (e.g. research, study groups), and to just live your life.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently on the waitlist for UOP, however I've already been accepted to WesternU. I live in the Bay Area so my situation would be opposite reasoning. I'm currently taking physics (which is probably why UOP hasn't given me an offer) however, a friend of mine was asking that is the fail rate with UOP in terms of their new curriculum? I don't know any current P1s at UOP for me to even ask.

I did the SHPEP program at Western U and the students and faculty were all really nice and laidback. Students specifically said that they had friends at USC, UCLA, and UOP that were really stressed out and that they were glad that they didn't feel that way at Western. It looks like you wrote a lot of pros for Western and you aren't a huge fan of the "gunner" culture, so I'd recommend sticking with your Western decision.

I did the SHPEP program at Western U and the students and faculty were all really nice and laidback. Students specifically said that they had friends at USC, UCLA, and UOP that were really stressed out and that they were glad that they didn't feel that way at Western. It looks like you wrote a lot of pros for Western and you aren't a huge fan of the "gunner" culture, so I'd recommend sticking with your Western decision.
I do feel like I have more pros for western but something is telling me to go to UOP. But yeah I agree, I definitely got the feeling from western during the interview that they were much more laid back and less stressed. Do you know anything about ease of specialization at Western?

I'm currently on the waitlist for UOP, however I've already been accepted to WesternU. I live in the Bay Area so my situation would be opposite reasoning. I'm currently taking physics (which is probably why UOP hasn't given me an offer) however, a friend of mine was asking that is the fail rate with UOP in terms of their new curriculum? I don't know any current P1s at UOP for me to even ask.
I didn’t even know that they had a new curriculum..but that’s good to know. And just curious are you saying they are waiting to see what u get in physics before potentially giving an offer?

Well, currently right now, I'm taking physics, and from what I know is that I'm still on the waitlist for UOP. My email mentioned that I was in the "top section" of the waitlist. I'm hoping passing physics will finally help me shed some light while being in limbo.

i think be honest with yourself..
are you leaning towards UOP for the "name"? for clout?
UOP is solid no doubt about that but that's not to say Western isn't either

think of your work-life-balance as well and think about your capacity as a student-- do you thrive of a fast paced environment or do you thrive off of a more forgiving environment?