Quantcast

Up in one down in another! Help me. please. seriously help me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Californicator1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello

I took the May 2007 MCAT and received an 12 ps 7VR 9 BS with R writing. I was told to retake MCAT because a 7 VR would result in automatic rejection by many schools. My adviser informed me that going down in PS is not a big deal because increasing my VR was vital. So i took the advice with the goal of increasing my Verbal score. In Late July I took the MCAT and received a 9 PS 9 VR 9 BS Q. as you can see my VR went up two points to something respectable but my PS went down quite a bit (seeing as how id idnt have enough time to restudy it all in between tests). Am i in a better position than i was before? I am appltying all over the place by the way. Thank you.

-Eddie

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Actually you are. Think of it like this: you have the potential of getting a 9 on VR and BS and the potential of getting a 12 in PS. Unfortunately, you did not score to your potential on any one given day, but that has a lot to do with luck.

Are you in a better position than before? Absolutely. Is it much better? [Edit:Typo]] Not really. [/Edit] Best of luck!

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your retake is a good, well-balanced score. Although a 12/9/9 would definitely be better, that 7 in VR from your first score would probably get you screened out at a few schools.

Good luck in the application process!

axp107

UCLA>> Italian Pryde
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You did drop 1 point overall though

I guess you're slightly better off.. but a 27 is still slightly below average.. if you're applying widely and have a good GPA, you will be fine hopefully. Good luck :thumbup: