Update letter/letter of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hayden

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know there are many threads on this topic, and this question may seem trivial, but where is the best place to send these letters or who to address them to? Should I address them directly to the dean of admission? the admissions commitee? the admissions office? any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I know there are many threads on this topic, and this question may seem trivial, but where is the best place to send these letters or who to address them to? Should I address them directly to the dean of admission? the admissions commitee? the admissions office? any help would be appreciated.

Send them to whoever's name was at the bottom of your invitation to interview at the school. This is usually the Assistant Dean of Something Or Another.

Send them to whoever's name was at the bottom of your invitation to interview at the school. This is usually the Assistant Dean of Something Or Another.
Good advice. I think it's pretty moot anyway. Regardless of who receives it, they'll see it for what it is and route it to your file.

Post being waitlisted, I would like to write a combined update letter / letter of interest to a school. Does it make sense just to write to the dean or also to my interviewers. Or should I send the same letter to each interviewer and the dean. Or should I address, the dean and my two interviewers in the same letter and send them all a copy. Or should I send each an individual letter?

Thanks