• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Update letter/letter of interest

hayden

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, I know there are many threads on this topic, and this question may seem trivial, but where is the best place to send these letters or who to address them to? Should I address them directly to the dean of admission? the admissions commitee? the admissions office? any help would be appreciated.

BellyDancingDoc

Rump Shaker
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey, I know there are many threads on this topic, and this question may seem trivial, but where is the best place to send these letters or who to address them to? Should I address them directly to the dean of admission? the admissions commitee? the admissions office? any help would be appreciated.

Send them to whoever's name was at the bottom of your invitation to interview at the school. This is usually the Assistant Dean of Something Or Another.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Send them to whoever's name was at the bottom of your invitation to interview at the school. This is usually the Assistant Dean of Something Or Another.
Good advice. I think it's pretty moot anyway. Regardless of who receives it, they'll see it for what it is and route it to your file.

PhiAlpha

5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2009
Status (Visible)
Post being waitlisted, I would like to write a combined update letter / letter of interest to a school. Does it make sense just to write to the dean or also to my interviewers. Or should I send the same letter to each interviewer and the dean. Or should I address, the dean and my two interviewers in the same letter and send them all a copy. Or should I send each an individual letter?

Thanks

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.