Update Letters with +/-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbtk18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I send my update letter the admissions office, would it be crazy/stupid to list my grades as:

Neuroscience: B+ (88%)
Cell Biology: A-(94%)

For the Cell Biology class, the crazy dingus professor lists 90-95%=A-.
I know it is a minor thing but for those of us average applicants, it is really frustrating

Could it come across as looking bitchy/whiny/neorotic?

Members don't see this ad.

When I send my update letter the admissions office, would it be crazy/stupid to list my grades as:

Neuroscience: B+ (88%)
Cell Biology: A-(94%)

For the Cell Biology class, the crazy dingus professor lists 90-95%=A-.
I know it is a minor thing but for those of us average applicants, it is really frustrating

Could it come across as looking bitchy/whiny/neorotic?

You got those grades......regardless of the cutoffs they dont care.......the syllabus tells you the cutoffs before hand, so you knew what you had to get and just didnt do it......they could care less!:sleep: :sleep:

OP, I honestly think it would hurt you more than it would help. Showing that you just missed a cut-off could be a discredit to your drive/ability. If you were shooting for an A, you choked. I doubt they will see it and say "wow, what an A-hole cell bio teacher!"

That being said, there is nothing wrong with an A- in an upper level (?) biology course. Especially with all the interviews/travel that's you've been doing (as far as they know). I wouldn't try to make excuses about the grades you got, just highlight the positive. Act proud and confident about the marks you received and the stuff you've accomplished this semester and say how you hope it helps you in med school/becoming a doc.

Good luck