Update letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Update Letters Activity Descriptions?

• Short and Sweet

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Long and Juicy

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For update letters...

Short n' sweet or long and in-depth about what's going on?

i.e. I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. Done.

or.

I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. This is what I learned. This is why it would make me a good candidate for your class. etc.

Members don't see this ad.

the updates of mine that were sent were of the long and juicy variety, with some of my trademark humor mixed in. i have yet to receive a response to any of them.

Short and sweet because 1) the adcoms have alot to read already and 2) keeping it short allows for more stuff to talk about during interview imo.

Members don't see this ad :)
zero2hero said:
Short and sweet because 1) the adcoms have alot to read already and 2) keeping it short allows for more stuff to talk about during interview imo.

i think Depakote is talking about update letters for people on waitlists, so i'm assuming the interview part is already over.

Depakote said:
For update letters...

Short n' sweet or long and in-depth about what's going on?

i.e. I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. Done.

or.

I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. This is what I learned. This is why it would make me a good candidate for your class. etc.

Do you mean for admission in Fall 06 from the waitlist? Then long & juicy is important, particularly the part where you tell the Dean that you can be there at a moment's notice. If a slot opens the day before classses begin, this is crucial information.