Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
For update letters...

Short n' sweet or long and in-depth about what's going on?

i.e. I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. Done.

or.

I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. This is what I learned. This is why it would make me a good candidate for your class. etc.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
the updates of mine that were sent were of the long and juicy variety, with some of my trademark humor mixed in. i have yet to receive a response to any of them.

zero2hero

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
New York
Status
Short and sweet because 1) the adcoms have alot to read already and 2) keeping it short allows for more stuff to talk about during interview imo.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
zero2hero said:
Short and sweet because 1) the adcoms have alot to read already and 2) keeping it short allows for more stuff to talk about during interview imo.
i think Depakote is talking about update letters for people on waitlists, so i'm assuming the interview part is already over.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Depakote said:
For update letters...

Short n' sweet or long and in-depth about what's going on?

i.e. I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. Done.

or.

I did this medically related activity. Describe activity. This is what I learned. This is why it would make me a good candidate for your class. etc.
Do you mean for admission in Fall 06 from the waitlist? Then long & juicy is important, particularly the part where you tell the Dean that you can be there at a moment's notice. If a slot opens the day before classses begin, this is crucial information.