update mcat study materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffeebeans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone knows if the MCAT study materials have changed much in the last few years. I have study materials from The Berkeley Review which is pretty extensive in its review of the sciences, but they are quite a few years old. I want to retake the MCAT again this August. Can I still study off of this material? or has the MCAT changed so much content wise that I need to invest in new books? Besides the format and the increased emphasis on genetics in the Bio section, what else has changed on the test?

thanks for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

you should still be golden. I have the older version of berkley review, and it seems great. The big changes to MCAt were in 1990's, and other than that- they just recently put more emphasis on moecular bio and genetics, and organic chem is now only 25 % of the BS. ( in other words usually only 2-3 passages on it). The material asked is the same though.

coffeebeans said:
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone knows if the MCAT study materials have changed much in the last few years. I have study materials from The Berkeley Review which is pretty extensive in its review of the sciences, but they are quite a few years old. I want to retake the MCAT again this August. Can I still study off of this material? or has the MCAT changed so much content wise that I need to invest in new books? Besides the format and the increased emphasis on genetics in the Bio section, what else has changed on the test?

thanks for your help! :)

My books are from this year so if you want to compare any pages or passages let me know. G'luck!