Update school now (and maybe give them another update in a month) or wait one month before updating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cadenza2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Like the title says, I am wondering if it makes sense to update medical schools now (and maybe update them again in another month) or wait one month before updating?

Recently, I have been very lucky to receive a travel grant for a conference. Next month, I should hear back from another conference, which I have a decent chance of getting my abstract accepted.

Would it make sense to update schools until I am sure about the results of my second conference? I am worried that if I update now, then I might annoy schools by updating them again so soon. Or on the flip side, I am worried that an accepted abstract may not be a large enough update by itself?

However, I am also concerned that if I do not update now and wait another month, then my chances of getting an interview may significantly decrease since its already mid-December?

Thank you so much for reading! I'll appreciate any advice and comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you on any wait lists?

If not, this type of update isn't going to net you an II.
Thank you for replying! I am on a WL so I was hoping to update them as well. However, I believe they’re not looking at WL people until after 4/30 so I wasn’t too worried about the timeline for that one.